1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is not a franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Feb 25, 2021.

1. HookemHorns1250

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say with this thread? So you believe he’s not good enough to rebuild around, but what exactly do you want to do? Trade him for someone in hopes they turn into a younger Wood?

I get young players are more exciting, but let’s stop acting like 26 is freaking ancient. He’s a very good player, 26 years old, with room to improve even more if he can put on some more weight.

How about we just try to add some pieces around Wall. Not saying he needs to be the center piece, but he’s certainly a very good option as. 2nd/3rd piece of a team.

everyday eddie and JayGoogle like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And I think most would agree. I agree with this. If you bet me I don't think Wood is going to be an NBA 1st team guy. It's not a knock against him, it's just that it's extremely rare in the first place and he's already surpassed expectations.

I think his height is a Z-bo like player, a really great player to have on your team and one you can have in the core of your team and still win a lot of games.

But I'm just against the idea of giving him a ceiling right now. The team just performed a lot better with him than without him and his numbers are great...so I'm not for this idea we should trade him for what we can get. I'm more interested in trying to get Wall the hell off of this team, hopefully landing Suggs or Cade, pairing them with KPJ and Wood, and seeing where that takes us next year. That's a young core I can get behind.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Was James Harden ever

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

u brought up Luka thinking u were making some point, but u weren’t, and I already explained why

Lol, who played better in 1 game against each other is supposed to determine who’s actually the better player? Oh boy...

Hypocritical? No, more like sound reasoning. It’s not my fault I take context into account and don’t overhype unimpressive win streaks. Christian Wood is good enough to be an All-Star, but even if he does make an All-Star team, that’s supposed to be proof he actually is a franchise player and the primary guy a team should be building around? He can be a complementary star...too bad we don’t have that guy for him to complement and this team’s talent level sucks so as this thread correctly points out, the Rockets should be hardcore tanking

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How is this relevant to this thread? I get wall is not number 1 player but I don't get why you rag on the guy no matter what the topic is? Would you like him more if he came out and was like yall I suck?

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wood would have been a great number 3 with harden.

7. riko

riko Member

Wall is not an good number 2 option on any team. Stop it. He is a solid role player

Mr Woods and D-rock like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mr. Woods is not a Contributing Member. Hot take, but it had to be said.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The point has been made BEYOND Luka, you didn't explain anything. Again, you wouldn't say that about any other young player but you did about Wood.

You're the one hyping up Zion, going by YOUR measure, Zion can't even get his team in the playoffs. Must not have a chance of being a franchise player, right? Why build around him...

It's extremely hypocritical. According to you, rockets only beat up on bad teams with injured/out players...so, have the rockets been healthy?
    Your argument is the height of hypocrisy here, other teams get injury excuses when the Rockets beat them but the Rockets don't. Odd too coming from someone who thinks the Rockets win a championship if not for injury.

10. HookemHorns1250

...... when did I say Wall was a good number two option?

Don’t quote me if you’re going to literally ignore what I say, and choose to throw in comments that I never said.

11. riko

riko Member

You said he would be a good second option . That’s just wrong

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

How is anything I said derogatory to Wall?

Was anything I posted untrue?

Franchise player discussion is relevant to the thread. By definition, there is only 1 franchise player at a time per team.

Wall said HE is the franchise player, so how could Wood also be THE franchise player.

Sounds like you are just as sensitive as Wall.

I feel disrespected.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why are you ragging on Wood?

Do you want him to say I suck or something?

LOL

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

Can't stay healthy, so...............:rolleyes:

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think Wall would be a good second option as long as there is a solid third option who he could pass to for an assist. He just forces it way too much. I think he is definitely better than a role player. Just no way he is worth the max contract he is being paid. On teams like Both L.A. teams, Miami, Utah, or even Boston he might actually excell there. He's still a good pg with good court vision. If he would focus more on that instead of trying to force himself to be a Westbrook or AI or even Arenas he'd be pretty good.

16. HookemHorns1250

Wall was literally never mentioned once in my post. Maybe you're meaning Wood? However, your quote said "Wall isn't a second option, stop it.".....I never said anything about Wall.

17. riko

riko Member

Oh sorry I thought you meant wall which was quiet surprising. Wood is a good second option indeed

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ask the Nets who seem like they are on there way to a title.

D-rock likes this.
  19. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I mean he was the best player on a team that won over half its games for a fourth of a normal season. That’s a solid sample size, plus the team fell apart without him. Lots of guys can’t do what he did. You can see the talent. Not many bigs with his skill set. You’re allowed to be optimistic buddy.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He could be Shaq lite, but there would need to be a heavy kobe lite super star come in. Still aint getting to the finals with him either lol.