1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is going to attract other players to come to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Jan 16, 2021.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The problem is Tilman is known as "Trump's twin" among NBA players. Sure we can get guys trying to become a star like Jerami Grant but top 10 players? unlikely.

Tilman attracts player like Gordon Hayward if you know what I mean. ;)

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We had no business getting Francis. That was completely a scalp kinda of like the Francis trade. They wanted out their situation and Houston became opportunistic via materialistic assets.

Like I said jsut keep stockpiling assets and we’ll get another star in the near future. A real star not that fake star shyt like Simmons

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Wait for him to be under the Jordan brand. Then he has arrived!

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lets hope so. He is still defensively challenged but you can see him trying out there bring more aggressive. He is probably one or two years away from being a complete player and all star.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wood will keep developing only to be used as a trade chip along with our picks to package and build a super team for Harden when he returns in 2 years and we go all in on a small window with old, past their prime stars like the Shark Dildo Rockets. Hakeem/Cuck/Clyde-Pip

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

One thing I noticed and what All NBA and elite guys have is poise and coolness under pressure. He seems to panic under duress and make bad decisions. This is something can’t be taught and this separates great good and mediocre players. His court vision and decision making needs to improve overall. He has a lot of work to do and hopefully he knows this.

harold bingo, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Gross!

Caesar likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You mean people recovering from terrible leg injuries and are just shells of their former selves. So they are just happy collecting a check in a non state income tax free zone?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He will out play his contract.

Rocket River

kiwirocketsfan likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. kiwirocketsfan

I think he's got a long way to go to get to the level where his presence is an incentive to others to come here.

He's not really young and up and coming, he's not got an established profile, I imagine he's not a guy who's well connected to the league-shapers having taken the long way up. No all-stars or titles or accolades.

Organisational culture, coach and GM are more important than one guy.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I honestly don’t get what Woods will do for the franchise. Same as Oladipo. We are spinning the wheels here.

#72 HP3, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We calling him Dr. Wood now? I’m down.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Fefo

Fefo Member

hahahahahaha .
    Of course not. He wont even make the all star. He is good, but he is not that good, dont be delusional.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No. What do you mean? Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson and Goran Dragic?

16. HP3

HP3 Member

It was an acid dent but lol let’s do it
    no need to be pompous dude. I was doing that question rhetorically

17. Nook

Nook Member

Christian Wood is very long, mobile and a very talented offensive player when his 3 ball is falling. He is a bit of a black hole once he gets the ball.

His biggest problem is that he needs to play better against really good teams with size inside. He is too easily neutralized on the boards, defensively and offensively against physically strong teams.

His offense really opens up when he can hit his 3’s at 36-37%. Ideally he would play next to a long small forward that can slide over to defend inside when necessary.

He also is a really good shot blocker.

joshuaao, Deuce, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Calmness and success can absolutely improve with time, opportunity and quality of players around you. Look at LeBron James, he was considered really poor under in game pressure for years. Same with Chris Paul and Anthony Davis, Tim Duncan and others.

19. Fefo

Fefo Member

We have to keep some perspective of reality. Im tired of the " wood has ad potential", " we have 3 all stars ( cousings, wall and wood) on this team" , " this is the most talented roster harden ever had" posts.
    This team will probably suck and stay near 500. I still don't believe we did a good deal for harden. Picks means nothing if you don't hit the jackpot, and we are banking on the nets imploding ( lets hope they do).
    Mediocrity is where we belong now, and probably for a couple seasons. Hopefully we can pick someone and draft well and get back on contention before 2 or 3 years, but its not looking promising.
    Firtita is trying to save money , i would be really surprised if oladipo is not traded at mid season. They will try to rehab him a bit and then move him for more picks and expiring's, i don't think firtita will commit big bucks to oladipo ( and I'm not sure if he is on the wrong either).
    This team is looking for assets , we are in rebuild mode.

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  20. MettaWorldPete

Love watching him play. No stars want to come to Houston because of the front office, lack of recent championships, not currently a contender, and not a glamour destination in the eyes of young rich dudes. He won’t change any of that, unfortunately. Not even close.

HP3 likes this.