1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

So who is that franchise player?

CF assured me it was Green.

There is no one 2022 draft that is as good as the top 5 guys in 2021 draft.

Not sure if any better than Sengun.

And Banchero's defense is no better than Wood's. Maybe worse because he is NOT a shot blocker.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nah, your draft evaluation is weak anyway. So naming names does not mean much.

But how are you proposing to trade for:

Ayton
    Bridges(es)
    Zion
    Jalen Brown

All these players you mentioned are highly valued by their respective teams.

You really don't have a plan do you?

3. dmoneybangbang

Now you are lying about my reasonings…. “Just to trade him”. Says a lot about your reasonings that you have to resort to dishonesty….

But for the umpteenth time…. The rockets have a two season window to rebuild through the draft due to the OKC trade. I think Wood and EG are the players you should move to rebuild, or at least one of them. I’m not a poster who has pushed for Wood to be moved by the midseason deadline since Wood could be traded for Ayton (just as an example).

I don’t see a path of multiple playoffs berths with the players we currently have. Competing or letting the cards fall only makes our assets less valuable ( lower draft picks are less valuable the higher).

4. dmoneybangbang

Lol… “CF assured me it was Green”. No it didn’t.

Lol… already declaring the 2022 is worse not even halfway into the season. Seems like that fits your narrative and ideology.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The 2022 draft is not as talented or as deep as the 2021 draft.

I stand by that statement.

And so would most of the draft experts.

You laugh because you just dont know what you're talking about.

Per usual.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Well if I have learned anything over my years on this board, listening to anything “CF assures you” is usually foolish.

I don’t think anyone can know for sure if the 2021 guys are superior to the 2022 guys. We just don’t know.

We might have a franchise guy on the roster. But no one is even close to that point yet and really only seems like 2 guys even have that as a possible outcome(Green/Sengun). And I don’t think it’s smart for your franchise to act as if they have a franchise guy prematurely, which is what it seems many people around here would like to do.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Lol…. Classic D-Dick…. I do what you say and you insult me anyways…. How pathetically insecure.

Anyways…. The Suns need to make a decision on Ayton because that will commit their cap.

Pelicans and Zion have been on the mends since being draft.

Celtics have been underwhelming and maybe want to shake up the lineup.

Which is why I’m not against waiting until the off-season on Wood since most of the big name trades would most likely be in the off-season after a full season evaluation. We have Wood, Tate, KPJ, Green, Sengun, and a bunch of picks to make a deal.

8. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. More insults and rudeness. You just can’t handle a simple anonymous, message board discussion.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Confirmed, you have no plan.

Trading Wood in hope of a franchise player is not a plan, it is a prayer.

10. dmoneybangbang

So now you have moved the goal posts “from I want to make a trade to just make a trade” to you “have no plan”….

Keeping Wood in hope of a franchise player is not a plan, it is a prayer. I can do it too!

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

There's enough evidence to show that, as a five without another defensive big clogging the spacing, Wood is a 20/10 guy who hits about 40% of his threes with a TS% of around .6. That's basically what he did all of the 2020 - 2021 season, while his numbers dipped this season due to Theis's presence. Now, those are impressive numbers, and you can argue about where that ranks him among the top 50 players, and whether he could be a true #1, but a guy like that can easily be a #2. And I believe we'll find that "#1 guy" between KPJ, Green, and/or Sengun. Time will tell.

cmlmel77 and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wait and see is a much more reasonable alternative to just trade for sake of trade.

Because of timeline, or for fear that Wood's next salary would prevent acquisition of some imaginary FA superstar.

13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Actually you are wrong, you have an entire year of data to choose from which you purposely chose to ignore and instead chose data where Wood and Theis were playing together. So yeah

You can easily pull those stats for last year I wonder why you didn’t?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You could do it too if you knew what you were doing.

Keep Wood to complement franchise player(s) Green or Sengun.

Rockets also still have assets to either draft or trade for another AS caliber player WITHOUT giving up Wood (or Tate or Mathews).

15. dmoneybangbang

Lol….. funny if you actually read and not ASSume….

You think there is a competitive playoff team just under the surface, I don’t.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Pot calling kettle black.

17. xaos

xaos Member

Players off the top of my head that are better than Wood in no particular order

1 Giannis
    2 Jokic
    3 Durant
    4 Harden
    5 Jimmy Butler
    6 Joel Embiid
    7 Bam
    8 Steph Curry
    9 Anthony Davis
    10 Lebron
    11 Trae Young
    12 Ja Morant
    13 KAT
    14 Luka
    15 Booker
    16 CP3
    17 J. Murray
    18 D. Murray
    19 Bradley Beal
    20 Brandon Ingram
    21 Lamelo Ball
    22 Lavine
    23 Rudy Golbert
    24 Donovan Mitchell
    25 Derozan

Extras (not saying they're out of top 25, just listing players off the top of my head)
    Lowry, Irving, Middleton, Jrue Holiday, Tatum, Jalen Brown, Paul George, K Leonard, Lillard, Sabonis, Fox, CJ, Herro, Shai, Anthony Edward's, Sabonis, Siakim, Vanvleet, Vucavic (sp), Ben Simmons, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Zion, Westbrook, John Collins

This list doesn't mean **** cause I am just a random poster on clutchfans, but I can't put Wood anywhere close to top 25. He is somewhere around the top 50 range

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

6 wins and counting.

I'm excited to see how much better this team can be now that Silas is being smarter with his rotations.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But the thing is guys who put up those points and rebounds and efficiency generally impact winning on a level that Wood has not ever done. We have the worst record in the league since he’s been here, not all on him, but I think it says something that his level of impact on winning is what it is when he’s putting up box score numbers and scoring efficiency that everyone knows is very good.

Personally I think it points to how far he has to go as a big on defense to have the impact of an actual top50 player and someone we can bank on as a no doubt #2 guy. Because I agree 20/10 on 60% TS is very good if it’s sustained.

D-rock likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Lol. If only building around a center with questionable character had a solid blue print in the modern NBA…

But the draft assets will be worth less. You also don’t want to give up Tate or Reggie Miller….

Let’s be honest, you just fall in love hard fast and can’t stand letting anymore go.