1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude

You wrote a BOOK! It doesn't take that much to explain your point

2. xaos

xaos Member

Just give up and stop comparing Shaq to Wood

jiggyfly, hakeem94, cbass and 2 others like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If you think I compared Shaq to Wood you need to stop. Lol. TIMELINE!

hakeem94 and xaos like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Honestly I didn't keep up with the conversation after my last comment and just wanted to see your reaction :D

All in good fun

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm just pointing out the stats - and the stats show that they got a very high percentage of open and wide open shots with that lineup on the floor. What they didn't do was make them.

Getting and making a high percentage of "Open Shots" at the bucket is what offense is all about .... Well , that and your shooters making them.

When you consider the FACT that Wood and Theis had the two highest 3point percentages , it leads one to believe something else was the problem - The shooters around them suck at shooting being the first thing that comes to mind ..... and again , the stats support that. Tate 25% and Green 27%. I'd say that was pretty darn bad.

Simply saying the two big offense is broken hasn't been supported by stats .... To do that you'd need to run two bigs with these better shooters (EG , Mathews & Brooks) and see what the result is.

Yeah , the two big man offense with poor shooters on the court is broken beyond repair.

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. Go Rockets!

xaos likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

The 2 big starting lineup wasn't only about poor offense and spacing.

The rim protection and rebounding was poor as well.

Bottom line, once it was scrapped Rockets started winning.

But I agree that adding more legit threats from 3 was a huge factor.

New starting 5 - EGo (43%), Garrison (39%), KPJ (33%) and Wood (37%) - are just so much better from 3 AND their defense is much improved.

The eye test supports that the paint is more open and the lanes are less congested without Theis next to Wood.

Wood and KPJ chemistry has also improved which shows up in their improved numbers and most importantly fewer turnovers.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Coach has done well with using Matthews and Brooks to keep those lanes open as well

BallaDoc, stevel and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed, but CF has been clamoring for this early into the 15 game win streak.

Some of us even suggested starting GM when he was first signed.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you feel insecure about the size of his post.

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Also, let's not forget that D.J.Augustine is garbage as well, and he's been out, too.
    Quick number check confirms my hunches.
    Jalen Green is the second most toxic player in the NBA after Campazzo, Theis is in top 10, and Augustine is #37. No other Rockets are in top (bottom) 100
    It's really not that complicated, folks: when your worst players are out your team looks better. That's all there is to it.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2022_play-by-play.html

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Corrosion like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

SIlas was not as bad as the 15 game losing streak and he sure is not a different coach now.

bj3175 likes this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Honestly I agree. I love the way GM competes. He is perfect for us

DeBeards, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. juanming

juanming Member

What would you do if you woke up dec 15th and saw a woj tweet that we traded sengun instead of wood?

Wouldn't surprise me. Silas doesn't like him .I think it's personal because of Alps daddy liking a tweet that silas should be fired.

BTW, just like last year when they waited too long to try to trade Gordon before he got injured, same thing happened with wood last night

Have to pounce stone. Have to pounce. Quit stalling. Eg, house,theis, wood, dj if any deal comes to your desk, take it and RUN instead of "waiting for the best deal"

Bohr, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

what did ‘some of us’ see in GM when he was first signed as a 2-way? On the court I saw someone who reminded me of a ‘Dukie’, a guy Ha table by the opposition (fan base). But certainly not talented. My opinion of his rotation worthiness has changed, admittedly.

But, my question was what was first seen to evoke confidence?

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Normally I'm not repelled by large things, especially a woman with a little waist and a large, well let's save that for another thread. Lol

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely wanted him in the rotation because of our lack of shooting but I have been surprised by his defense.

At the time, the only one who was hitting 3's was Wood. We needed others on the court who could shoot and spread the court.

I can't wait until Green returns. I think with the court now spreaded, he will have lanes to operate.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

did he do anything for Wiz last season?

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When he played he had some solid games last season

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some would say Jalen Green was the catalyst for the poor play. While he was not flourishing and living up to expectations I dont feel he was at fault when we've just watched a team sans Porter, Wood, Green and an ineffective Sengun win an NBA game last night and Jalen was going off in the Chicago game before going down. I fully expect Green to take advantage of the new pace and space when he comes back, but I wonder if Matthews hasnt earned himself the starters role on his defense alone? Im completely fine with Green coming off the bench and feel that it wouldnt take long for him to "earn" his starters minutes again once he gets settled - maybe he will have a little fun beating up on 2nd units like Sengun has. Confidence building 101.