1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Christian Terrorist(s) kill Doctor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by insane man, May 31, 2009.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Bats that lure is so shiny

2. Landlord Landry

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

There are plenty of pro-choice Christians.

Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-death.

Some people don't consider it as big of an issue as others do.

The issue has been rammed into peoples' heads for so long at churches that I do believe it's the only political issue that matters for many.

Sad.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Randall Terry, the founder of anti-abortion group Operation Rescue --

http://www.earnedmedia.org/sftj0531.htm

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Goodness. :eek: :(

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, this post is actually very confusing coming from you. Because you are saying that the IRA - while they did engage in acts of terrorism - it actually falls as fighting against an oppressor?

Now - I know you are saying they are no better than the repression they rebelled against, but....what you are saying, in a way....is justifying the acts by saying it's in a response to repression.

So my question to you is this - are you taking the same approach to the Palestinians and suicide bombers?

1 person likes this.
  7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You completely and totally misconstrued my post. The IRA began as a resistance to the oppression and violence against them in their homeland. Those acts in Northern Ireland are not terrorist acts.

When the IRA engaged in acts such as bombing the tube, those acts were acts of terrorism.

Certainly not all who took up the cause of the IRA were involved in the terrorist acts. In fact, it is unclear to which degree those acts were carried out by the provisional IRA and to which degree they were carried out by Sinn Fein. The British argue that the two are essentially one in the same. While they share a common oppression, I really do not know that the British are objective enough to make that claim in this instance.

But I digress. To the extent that the IRA committed violent acts on their own soil in response to atrocities committed against them, they are not terrorists. To the extent that they bombed the tube and any other British civilian targets, they are terrorists.

Hopefully this makes it clearer.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I do not support suicide bombing, or any other type of targeting of civilian targets. While I do not condone it, one would have to be a little dense to not understand how this came to be.

The Israeli government needs to pull their head out of their ass and allow the two state solution.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok....so seems consistent to me. And you would then say that not all of Hamas is a terrorist group - that some of it's members actually are legit, just like the IRA?

10. Major

Major Member

11. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am certain of 2 things:

1. The murderer was not a Christian.
    2. He will face justice in this life or the next.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

A lot of Muslims say that the guys behind 9/11 were not Muslim...that no Muslim could do this.

Do you agree with that?

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

killing in the name of god

any god

is wrong

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes, i would completely agree with this if muslims condemn violence. I have little knowledge on the Koran as far as what is "ok", but this particular act is completely against any Biblical Christian teaching.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hopefully there'll be some stiffer federal penalties for the harrassment of these doctors and patients. They should not have to fear for their lives.

16. Landlord Landry

nah. pick and choose what you want untill you find a church that fits YOUR needs. ;)

I just find it odd that a career abortionist would be attending a church, that clearly opposes abortion. No need to read into that too much.

17. Landlord Landry

you have got to be kidding.......

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I would think nearly all churches oppose abortion.

I am not religious, but from my understanding, you can disagree with doctrine or philosophy of a church and still be a member of it. It's a concept called diversity.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Please. I never said or implied the murder was the fault of Bushies. I did address the definition of terrorist and implied that 9/11 and the Bush administration had changed the common understanding of the word.

Here's my statement...

How does that place blame on Republicans, Bush or otherwise?

And really, you think this is a plain case of ordinary murder? A lover's quarrel? A deal gone bad? You are smarter than that... the killer posted on OPeration Rescue's website. Call it what it is... terrorism.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Huh? Doctors who perform abortions should fear for their lives?