1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Prophets for Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Dec 27, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The two videos below are not for the faint of heart. These Prophets are straight up bat **** crazy.

This might go a ways to explaining 70% of Trump Voters think that the election was "stolen".

I don't remember Christian Pastors, 30+ years ago when I went to church, saying that they were "Prophets". I also don't remember Pastors holding what is essentially political rallies in their churches.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We need another reformation for these con artists

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Or start burning heretics at the stake again...tomato, tomahto

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. lpbman

lpbman Member

What percentage of Christians really understand "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain", I wonder?

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We really need to looking at taking away tax exempt status for churches that advocate for politicians from the pulpit.

I will head off the question that yes I would apply that to churches that advocate for Democratic candidates.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very few. Most are raised to believe it means saying Goddamnit. When in reality it actually means to do exactly what Trump has done the past 5 years which is to claim divine powers and calling in order to manipulate Christians. In the Bible nothing outrages Jesus more than people like Trump.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We had a Priest reassigned from our church in Lakeville because he gave a questionable sermon that had a political slant. It could have been construed as advocating voting for a particular candidate. This was probably during the 1996 or 2000 election.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

*Christian profits

mikol13, mdrowe00, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This whole Prophet thing the Evangelicals have embraced over the last couple decades is very strange. More like a God complex.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Co opting religion for prophet is as old as civilization

We think we're blessed until we aren't. People stop believing. When times improve, we can't attribute success to luck because we want that success to feel meaningful and want prestige and respect from other people.Religion then organizes into keeping the status quo and the people already in power.

Lather rinse repeat.

mdrowe00 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I wonder what the Bible has to say about False Prophets?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Worth checking!

No Worries likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

**prosperity gospel

No Worries likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not really though. End of the world or other religious monumental prophecies have always been a thing in almost every religion. It’s used to manipulate through short term motivation... usually serving the interest of a religious leader. Whether it be a televangelist looking to buy a private plane, or a Middle East terrorist leader looking to seize a million acres in Iraq where he can crown himself king.

If you think the world is ending, you are willing to do some pretty extreme things and you surely are okay giving a couple more bucks to the cause than you normally would. The most extreme and on the nose is ISIS using the Dabiq prophecy as their motivation for recruitment in the 2010’s.

QAnon is on the nose about Trump but other evangelical leaders have been very blunt about Trump as well if not so direct. The use of King David in so many sermons the past few years is no accident as it serves the message of Trumpism and means to an end religious politics.

I think that Christianity is going to have a hard time over the next 50 or so years because of this. It won’t fall completely like the ISIS version of Islam but I think it’ll stabilize what it needs to survive but we’ll continue to see declines and more and more shifts towards non religious spirituality or agnostic acceptance.

I think Catholicism, Methodists, and Lutherans will outright reject this manipulation and blasphemy which will lead to more friction between Christian religions but that’s always been there. It’s a very fragmented religion honestly so maybe I’m wrong and it won’t do much in the long run.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member