1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Webber: Houston more disappointing than 76'ers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

I basically always have respected Webber and he's absolutely right here. We need to have an offensive system that finds Howard and Lawson easy baskets. Harden can always get his. If all other options fail THEN Harden can go iso.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

We suck. No argument here.

3. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

When you see a ghetto kid who is smart just heading down the wrong path, you talk to him tell him" he has potential." Then you see the kid who had potential but wasted it because of mixed priorities.
    I wonder which one Webber means for the Rockets. Either one, as a fan, I'm not mad.
    Appreciate that someone is paying attention to "the system and the players." Rather than just the "no defense Harden, and heartless Howard."

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No bro, it's the fact that a non-Clutchfan said it. He can't get away with it.

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

For some reason I think it would be pretty simple to start integrating Lawson properly into the offense.. Make him the 40% ball handler and force Harden to spot up and shoot when Lawson has the ball. Also include Dwight in there, he's not too bad spotting up. When we played the Spurs I saw multiple times where Beverley forced Harden to play off the ball.. and guess what? We had a pretty good shot winning.

If this team wants to play "professional" pick up basketball then you need to start including your second best player (Dwight) on the offensive end, heck I know when I play basketball if you're going to hog the ball for 90% of the possessions whats the point of me running the floor every single time down court?

Webber's only telling the truth, this current team has way under achieved, we finally have a team with talent and somehow we lost the drive and motivation to win. Weird....

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Can't take you serious if you get butthurt by his comments.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sixers aren't disappointing so he's right.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Not a fan of Bickerstaff and Finch. The whole offensive and defensive coordinator is a decent idea except we should have gotten better coordinators. We should have kept Mchale and got better assistants for him.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Webber is one of the most articulate and well spoken NBA analysts/ commentators around

Everything he says is absolutely right and he is 95% right most of the time

My favorite commentator to listen to

10. hakeemthagreat

It seems to me these guys are still upset at their buddy Mchale getting canned. So to make it up, every time we fail the world collapses and we're the worst thing to happen to the NBA.

We're currently .500 and I believe 7th or 8th in the west with 3/4th of the season to go. How in the hell are we a bigger disappointment than a team with 1 win? Lol. Webber is a pos. I don't recall any of the pundits picking us to do anything but now we're the biggest disappointment? FOH

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There are only 50 games left we are almost halfway through the season.

Webber is right.

DD

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I second this....

T_Man

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's right you know

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is right. And it starts and ends with Harden and (to a lesser degree) Howard. And if our coaching staff does not manage to get the best out of our group of players given their level of talent, then we need to change our coaching staff. It never made sense to me that when you have just about the worst defense in the league, you promote the defense coach - who has no proven track record in the league - to head coach. Never made any sense.

15. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm glad Webber included the system in his arguement. Webber and thibs for coach

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Webber likes the Rockets, and he is clearly unhappy to see what is going on in Houston.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Webber is right.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's right, you know.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What exactly makes him an ass?? If anything, this means he expected MORE out of us than he did those other teams.

20. alethios

alethios Member

The truth hurts, but that doesn't make it less true. We have the talent to compete at an elite level, so why aren't we?