1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Rock at Verizon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's this Saturday night. Ive been looking forward to this for a while....

Anyone else going?

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

3. EMAN34

EMAN34 Contributing Member

Yeah im lookin foward to it, Chris Rock is my favorite comedian. It should be a good show

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Have you ever noticed how he yells? Then, while yelling, his eyes get really, really big?

Then he calls me a cracker.

5. bladeage

Is that sarcasm?

6. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

How do you not like Chris Rock? What's wrong with you?

I actually tried to get tickets a few weeks ago but it's all sold out. I then grabbed Ray Ramono tix instead. Wonder how good he'll be standup.

7. bladeage

I like everything about him except the fact that he isn't funny. Yelling out curse words and talking about race is so late 90s. You wanna see someone funny? Get tickets to see Louis C.K. at the Improv in a couple weeks.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lol...talkin about race is so late 1990s......yet they do that about Barack Obama everyday.

you cant sit here and tell me this is not funny

NSFW

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9A2I-X7b-w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9A2I-X7b-w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5riPXVp5ZFo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5riPXVp5ZFo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and never scared isnt even close to bring the pain or bigger and blacker....

9. The Drake

The Drake Member

IMO, Bring the Pain is probably one of the funniest sets of all-time. :cool:

10. bladeage

It's not funny.

I liked Bring the Pain back when it came out. But he sucked after that. He became one of those comedians that thinks that because he is really famous, he can say anything and people will laugh. Sad thing, is he is right, he could talk about any random thing and people will laugh. Same thing with George Lopez, the guy was hilarious and now he just curses up a storm and thinks thats enough.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Straight outta LoCash, a crazy muthaf%@ka named Gusto . . .

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Just differences of opinion is all. I can't believe there are some here who is saying they cannot believe people find him funny and vice versa. Everybody does not have to like the same thing.

13. bladeage

I beg to differ, everyone HAS to like what I like, otherwise they suck.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Which is your opinion that they suck. ;) :p

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm going to the 10:30 show, really looking forward to it! I thought his Never Scared HBO special was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen.

16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

You tell them, man!

Also, there's this new guy on SNL who is real funny as well. I think his name is Will Ferral or something.*

*didn't someone post a statement like this on the board somewhere? I keep thinking I didn't make this up and I've heard it somewhere...

#16 Apollo Creed, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

You are all wrong....Dane Cook is the bestest :p

18. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I loved all of his HBO specials. I would love to see him live but we have a new baby so I can't really get out.

If you love ethnic humor Russell Peters is hilarious.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Race and Comedy go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's not a "late 90s" thing. Richard Pryor did it in the late 70s/early 80s, Eddie Murphy in the late 80s and comics today still incorporate something race related into their acts. What fun is it when we can't make fun of all our differences?

20. bladeage

Oh making fun of our differences is fun as hell. Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor did it back when it was funny, plus I wouldn't compare Chris Rock to either one of them. Chris Rocks standup just doesn't cut it for me, but his show on HBO was freakin hilarious.