1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. riko

riko Member

Nothing wrong wirth the trade. Problem right now is we lost alot of depth and right now we dont have either paul or the depth, Hence we are losing games in the 4th.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

problem right now is morey traded away 2 guards, got 1 back, and then (inexplicably) didn't pick up another one.

cheke64 likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that our players are not shooting consistently well. We will have one hot game and several cold streaks.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ariza, tucker, and anderson have been wildly streaky shooters their entire pro careers. so acquiring these players and then predicating the bulk of the offense on these guys being able to consistently knock down 3's... is madness.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's worked these last few years. The system is the system, it is what it is. I wish we had a little more variety in our offense, but it is what is.

FANfrom86toNow and cheke64 like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The problem is we paid too much for Harden and can't afford help.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it worked if you want to keep the franchise producing income for the owner, but not if you have any serious designs on becoming a contender.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We were a contender in 2014-2015, we were also a contender last year and I have no doubt we are a contender this year. But I agree with you, having wildly inconsistent shooters is going to make it difficult to actually make it to the promised land.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have to disagree about being a contender in any of these years. we've been nowhere close to contending with SAS, much less GS. i mean SAS blew us out at home by 40 without kashi or parker

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I attribute that loss to hardens mental issues and his approach to critical games. We had the talent to win that series.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

see i think we didn't have the frontcourt talent to withstand LMA. he abused our bigs so thoroughly that we had to double, which opened up clean looks at 3's for them. the same mindless BS that morey has pulled this season not adding another guard when he knows EGO and CP3 will get injured, he pulled last season not getting a 3rd big to spell injury prone nene.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say we were in 2015, just too bad that that was the first year of the Warriors dynasty.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anybody who says the trade was bad or we gave up too much for Chris Paul is either a troll or just dumb.

Dekker, Harrell and Lou Williams are all worthless, I'd rather just keep the empty roster spot to sign other guys (and LOL @ the "well we could've traded Dekker and Harrel for picks each" crowd. Those guys aren't even getting PT on the Clips and they are about to graduate from their rookie deal!). Lou Will was an epic disappointment, got him expecting to see Gordon 0.75 and instead got chucker Corey Brewer, shooting 38% FG and just 31% from the 3 while being a defensive liability. TBH if you look at Bobby Brown's 30MPG last year and Lou WIll's 30MPG they are very similar except that Brown was actually more efficient, it was that bad.

The only 2 assets we gave up for Cp3 are Beverly and the low first round pick. Those are a bargain for a multi-allstar in his prime in Cp3 especially when you consider the trade allowed us to get rid of players and sign better guys. The net effect of the trade is actually Cp3+Luc+Tarik+Tucker for Bev+1st round+Dekker+Harrel+Lou WIll. I take that trade any day of the week.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We didn't give up anything MDA would play much anyway in Dekker and Harrell

We'd be in the same situation if Beverley was still here and injured like CP3. I will admit Lou would have helped, but he's not exactly a pg, he's a streaky scorer off the bench from the guard position, and didn't mesh well with Gordon

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao what

roslolian and Obito like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is absolutely correct. It was not a bad trade at all. We just really need to figure out a way to fortify up our front court. Any team with a decent front court right now is absolutely killing us. Please do something soon Morey!

roslolian and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

And I still want a better 4th PG/Combo guard, that won't expect a lot of minutes, but can come in and fill up the points when needed by creating their own offense. Even when CP3 gets back, I still expect there to be more games throughout the year that one of our main 3 guards doesn't play for some reason. So we still need that guy that can be counted on to do a little more than what we have off the bench now. D. Williams or Barbosa do it for me.

But anyone saying that the CP3 wasn't the best for us, I agree with the other posters...they don't know basketball.

roslolian likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Was hoping the bump meant cp3 is 100% and cleared to play lol

Rocket85 likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who the hell is Cole Perez and why did they put so much emphasis with the shot of that card?