1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Handles

Handles Member

It looks like clips were forced to trade because Paul said he would sign with us in free agency. So that's a good sign!

2. SuraGotMadHops

so what's the final official tally of the players/picks/cash we trader for CP3? I kept seeing guys getting added and switched out.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

To Clippers:
    Lou Williams
    Patrick Beverley
    Sam Dekker
    DeAndre Liggins
    Darrun Hilliard
    Montrezl Harrell
    Kyle Wiltjer
    2018 First Round Pick (Top 3 protected)
    $661K

To Sixers:
    2018 Second Round Pick

BigMaloe and craguin like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Probably time to give Bosh a call.

ghettocheeze and BigMaloe like this.
  6. rockets13champs

Chris Paul said good bye to Clippers but has said nothing about Rockets.

Von Rafer likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Love seeing many butthurt Spurs fans acting like they don't care about Paul...i'm reading a lot of "meh, i don't even think he was our target"...lololol

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has acquired guard Chris Paul from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for guard Patrick Beverley, forward Sam Dekker, forward Montrezl Harrell, guard Darrun Hilliard, guard DeAndre Liggins, guard Lou Williams, forward Kyle Wiltjer, a future first round pick, and cash considerations.

“Since winning back-to-back championships, the pursuit of a third title has remained the ultimate goal for our franchise,” said Rockets owner Leslie Alexander. “We feel that combining two of the league’s greatest players in James Harden and Chris Paul, operating in Coach D’Antoni’s system, gives us a championship caliber team that will compete at the highest level for years to come.”

“On behalf of the Rockets organization and our fans I’d also like to thank Sam, Montrezl, Kyle, and Lou for helping make this past season a special one. I’d also like to personally express my deepest gratitude to Pat Beverley, who, for the past five seasons, always left everything he had out on the court.”

Paul (6-0, 175) has racked up a multitude of honors across his 12 NBA seasons split between the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and the Clippers. A nine-time All-Star, Paul has also been named All-NBA First Team four times, Second Team three times and Third Team once. In addition, Paul has been named NBA All-Defensive First Team seven times and Second Team twice and helped Team USA capture a gold medal in both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics.

For his career, Paul has started all 834 of his games played, while averaging 18.7 points, 9.9 assists, 4.4 rebounds and 2.29 steals while shooting 47.3% from the floor, 37.0% from 3-point range, and 86.6% from the line with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 4.08. He is the only player in NBA history with career averages of at least 19.0 points, 9.0 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.00 steals. There are only three other players in NBA history with career averages of at least 19.0 points, 9.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds (Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, and John Wall).

Paul has averaged a point/assist double-double in six of his 12 seasons, including three of the past four. That is already the fourth-highest total in NBA history, trailing only John Stockton (12), Magic Johnson (9), and Steve Nash (7). Four of Nash’s seven seasons averaging a double-double came while playing for current Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni in Phoenix. Nash was also named NBA MVP twice during his four seasons with D’Antoni.

Among players who were active last season, Paul has the most career assists (8,251) and steals (1,912) and ranks 10th in NBA history in assists and 15th in steals. He joins Jason Kidd, Gary Payton and Stockton as the only players with at least 8,000 assists and 1,900 steals.

Paul has hit at least 120 3-pointers in each of the past three seasons after not having more than 92 in a season prior for his career. He also shot 39.3% from behind-the-arc over the past three seasons after shooting 35.7% his first nine seasons. Paul averaged a career-high 2.0 3FGM on a career-best 41.1% shooting in 2016-17.

Earlier today the Rockets completed five separate trades with Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Portland:

• Houston acquired forward Ryan Kelly from Atlanta in exchange for cash considerations.
    • Houston acquired guard DeAndre Liggins from Dallas in exchange for cash considerations.
    • Houston acquired guard Darrun Hilliard from Detroit in exchange for cash considerations.
    • Houston acquired forward Shawn Long from Philadelphia in exchange for a future second round pick and cash considerations
    • Houston acquired guard Tim Quarterman from Portland in exchange for cash considerations.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Except he changed his location to Houston...

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

He changed his Twitter location to Houston, TX....

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That is some awesome artwork! Will he actually be able to get number 3 here? I suppose we could always make that a moot point by dumping Anderson.

EDIT: NVM, just saw Anderson had changed his jersey number to #33. Is that a sign that we are keeping him?

#1111 chenjy9, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Makes it better than the FA they took from us that we really wanted turned out to be a bust for them and now wants out.

Vivi and Jatman20 like this.
  13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I like what Morey is doing. Adding non guaranteed small contracts for cash to get over the cap to pay the big
    fish more money when he obtains them. Morey Magic. That's why he is the master.

I'm reading Rockets want PG13 or Melo. Possibly Millsap with Sign N Trade. Let's do it.

I don't expect Paul George in Houston.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Really hate to lose Bev- I would have rather trades Gordon (48 minutes of Paul and Beverley would have been great).

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

terrible move for depth purposes

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

For what team though?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

*** that means we're keeping him??

20. SuraGotMadHops

I feel like Ralph Cifarreto at the 1 minute mark.