1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul To Miss Game 1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jman7373, May 3, 2015.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This makes a lot more sense than the tweet I saw about the MRI results being "negative". Unless they're going to say the entire thing was a hoax (it wasn't), something showed up on the MRI. Just a question of the severity and how well Chris can manage it.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Darn. So I guess he will play.

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Of course he will this is all overhyped drama. As someone else noted Paul is a drama queen and the Clips and news/media whores are hyping this **** to no end. No way he is out and no way he is a "hurt" as he was trying to make it look the other night... Guy is good but a douche bag !

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

this is exactly right, plus hes a great actor and you easily tell.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Couldn't on offense either he was largely shooting 3s. I am sure he faked it in a game 7 situation. Illuminati.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

C'mon guys, after the alleged hamstring injury, Paul was moving at half speed, and everytime he tried to turned the afterburners, he couldn't do it.

I think the injury is legit, and if the hammy is hyperextended, he will risk further injury (possible tear) in one of those posterior thigh muscles.

7. rullrich

rullrich Member

Regardless if he plays or not - he was clearly impacted on P&R plays after the injury which you can be damn sure we're going to try and exploit.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I do think it's legit. No way he's exaggerating or faking(he left the game and went to the locker room for God's sake!). That being said, I also would be very surprised if he sat out tonight. Yes, he'd be risking aggravating the injury even further, but the Clippers don't wanna dig themselves too deep a hole in this series.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Even if he play, the point is that he has a bad hamstring. Now the Rockets just need Curry to bust one of his fallopian tubes.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

A lot more lateral movement is needed on defense which is harder on the hammy. If you watched what he was doing on offense it was mostly jump shots or straight drives to the bucket.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would expect to play a fully functional Chris Paul in game 1 and through out the play-offs. I would expect Trevor Ariza to get a ton of time on CP3.

12. conquistador#11

i know stay classy houston. but cpflop is going to fall down whether you make contact or you're 7 feet away. so make the contact worthwhile. If dorsey accidentally falls on him, oooops.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 is not missing a playoff game. people are kidding themselves if they think he is

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He'll play. The thing about hamstrings, though, is the 2nd injury comes a lot easier and more severe than the first if you don't let it heal properly. Terry and Prig should do nothing but take him to the hole and/or constantly be moving. The more he's forced to move the better.

The only way I can see the Clips protecting him on defense is by going zone the entire time...which we will destroy.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let the stepback king take care of it. Having to stop or thrust forward suddenly after taking steps back = hell for hamstrings. Force the switch and watch Harden torch him.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

This. Having to change direction constantly on his bad hammy will make him slow and possibly discomfort or pain (if the injury is as bad as we think it is). Get that switch where CP3 is on Harden and just go to work on him.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He was not playing up the injury. His defense was extraordinarily lazy (think Harden island zone D from last year). He didn't attempt to run pick and rolls or drive to the basket. Terry/Prigioni need to pressure him on the outside shots and try to force him to drive.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Personally, I want Chris to play.

I want the Rockets to beat the best teams, the best PGS and best players.

Outside of the Rockets, I am a HUGE Matt Barnes fan for his intangibles, defense and tenacity.

I think I shall hate him this series though. HE is going to try to and get our guys angry.

19. WestendMassive

For real? A Matt Barnes fan? Now I've seen everything!

*have you seen a man eat his own head?*

no?

*then you haven't seen everything!*

20. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Austin Rivers plays 48 minutes. Yes.