1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul suffers metacarpal fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

FIFY :grin:

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

that kind of stuff happens in every single game. there's nothing dirty about that play at all.

4. SunsRocketsfan

but its Chris Paul.. he always does small cheap things like this and tries to get away with it..

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not referring to any of the other antics i know he does. That stuff aside, in this specific play, there's just nothing dirty about it

6. MD_in_Training

They weren't getting past the Spurs anyway...

7. dragician

dragician Member

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They were going to play GS next. GS always catches the breaks.

9. SunsRocketsfan

their best player and the best player in the NBA this season just went out for at least 2 weeks.. how in the hell is that catching a break?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

assuming the clips make it out the port series, playing the clips without their best player at all cp3 isn't catching a break? and also BG could be out isn't considered catching a break?

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

1. Curry will probably be back in 2 weeks, it's a strain not a tear.

2. With Chris Paul down and Blake Griffin hurt again, Blazers-Clippers will probably go 7 games, giving the Warriors more rest and time for Curry to recover. Either team will come out of the series gassed.

3. Warriors get to play either a Clippers team without their leader and best player, or a young, untested Blazers team.

They get a very beatable team next series and Curry will be rested/recovered by the Conference Finals. Meanwhile OKC and Spurs will probably battle it out in a war since they're both completely healthy.

12. SunsRocketsfan

wouldn't have made a different.. let's not forget the clippers got swept by the Warriors this year and got blown out by 16 the first game.

13. SunsRocketsfan

warriors had the best record in the league.. they got the 1st seed. It's only fair that their path to the finals is against lesser teams (Clipper/Blazer) vs (OKC).

If all teams are healthy.. warriors would have steam rolled through the clippers or blazers anyways.

there are two true contenders in GS vs SA. OKC is probably a contender if they can catch a break.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

game 1 - Warriors won by 4

game 2 - Warriors won by 7

game 3 - Warriors won by 3 (no Blake Griffin)

game 4 - Warriors by 16 (no Blake Griffin)

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

how does missing the player that runs over half the things they do in a healthy cp3 not make a difference. add that to a hurting BG. Not make a difference is just false.

16. SunsRocketsfan

they got swept.. 4-0 whats you point?

17. SunsRocketsfan

because if both Curry and Cp3 were healthy the warriors still would have beat them pretty easily. clippers are just not at the same level as the Spurs or Warriors. No one is.. OKC is maybe next in line but there is a drop off after that.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They got swept but the games were relatively close, especially considering the Clippers 2nd best player didn't even play in half the games, that's my damn point.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

now you're bringing curry into this. that's not the point here. you're questioning how gs isn't catching a break if they play the clips. when its clearly being explained to you.

spurs and warriors are obviously the two best teams. you keep stating the obvious. but to say the best players on teams just don't make a difference is just false.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

YOLO, you're cool man and I like your posts. And I'm right there with ya, absolutely wishing no harm on players....and stars getting injured sucks and makes a less entertaining playoffs.

But listen to this statement, because this is the official report:

Chris Paul...

CHRIS FREAKING PAUL...

accidentally got his hand snagged in his opponent's jersey...

ACCIDENTALLY...

Chris Paul accidentally got his hand snagged in his opponent's jersey.

Chris Paul accidentally got his hand snagged in his opponent's jersey while his opponent has driven by him and is in the moment of jumping to complete a lay up.

I can't help but have a few doubts.

Now I showed 2 instances where CP3 has been quick & slick about yanking people to the ground while they're jumping. I'm sure if I dig I can find a few more. I know I can find tons of videos of him flopping. Probably about 2-3 of him punching opponents in the crotch real quick & slick on push-offs. And 1 of him piggy back jumping on Howard. All of those are dirty & many are dangerous to his opponent, except for the flopping. It is true that if this was intentional, a slight tug down wasn't that dangerous to the opponent, but it would still be dirty....if intentional. It wasn't as dangerous as some of his previous grab & throw downs.

Honestly, no one may never know if it was intentional or accidental except Chris Paul. And if it was an intentional dirty quick & slick trick that backfired, I guarantee it will haunt him. One of his very last chances to change the story of his legacy, and he was injured by a freak accident caused by an intentionally dirty trick gone bad.....again, only if that's the case....and only he knows.

#100 cdrive, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016