1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul suffers metacarpal fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

lol omg

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Really wish we could get thru a playoffs with everyone healthy. We've gotten cheated out of some potentially epic series' due to injuries.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Wow not only paul but also griffin!
    One day they look like the favourite vs a Curryless team and now it looks a first round exit and breaking up the team.

I wonder where Griffin will get traded to.

4. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

What a break for the Blazers.

No Paul

And no Curry?

I thought at full strength the Blazers have the ability to make it interesting vs. the Warriors, maybe take 2 games in a series.

Don't sleep on the Blazers, Lillard & McCollum is splash brothers light, they finished 4th and 9th on the year in 3s made. If they get hot, its a challenge for the Curryless Dubs.

5. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Yup, Boston should have knocked out a Lebron-Miami team one year if they had KG, and there would have been some great Bulls-Heat series as well. Instead Lebron had a cake walk for years out East.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No sh-t. The Rockets were all but handed a path to the WCF. Curry will wind up playing 4 quarters in this series(and 2 of them hobbled and not very effective). And the Clippers sans Paul or the Blazers sans experience were a pretty beatable 2nd round opponent.

And hell, there's no guarantee the Rockets would've had to face the Spurs in the WCF. I give the Thunder at least a shot at beating them and the Rockets have done well against OKC this season. It p-sses me off that this team has so little heart or desire.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Looked like he was trying a sneaky pull down.... like a dirty play that backfired.

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Did the Blazers. It beat the Warriors this year by a good margin? I think they can pull the upset against them.

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Lillard & McCollum have to have an epic playoff performance. It can be done, just go out and take advantage of the situation.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with those saying the window opens a little wider for OKC and San Antonio now. Can't believe everyone still sleeps on the Spurs, like some stepchild or something. (Not this board, but more the sports media.) They might have taken out the fully healthy Warriors, TBH. Deeper bench and of course Popovich gonna Popovich.

11. count_dough-ku

Nobody's sleeping on the Spurs. But I don't think OKC will be a cakewalk for them. Westbrook and Durant are gonna be a handful and Kawhi can't guard them both.

And Cleveland is gonna be very well rested heading into the Finals the way the Eastern Conference playoff picture is shaping up. They just have to make sure not to suffer any injuries this time around.

Basically, the NBA champ at this point will likely be the Spurs, Thunder, or Cavs.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think at the end the Spurs are ok in guarding Durant and let Westbrick...brick :grin:

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Warriors playoff injury luck lives on for eternity

14. count_dough-ku

Westbrook also attacks the hoop relentlessly though. If Kawhi is busy with Durant, Westbrook will be a tough matchup for whoever is guarding him.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Snakebitten franchise :p

Still the Clippers.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

OKC? Lol. Those hotheads are second round material.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just hit me spurs are enjoying this. For the love of god i do not want them in the finals again

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

Window is wide open this year. Unfortunately, the Rockets have shot themselves before they could sneak through :(

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's true, but at the end i can't see the Thunder upset the Spurs (and their defense) thanks to Westbrook, he will attack the hoop but Duncan and LMA are not Zaza and Dirk...and the Spurs defense is not the Mavs defense, they'll let him go where they want.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

They can also try Green on Wes and leave Parker or Mills on Roberson since he sucks.