1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am no athlete but I could walk painfully with a Grade 2 ankle sprain.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Harden's going to shock the Warriors and their fans who are assuming an easy Game 6 win.

3. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I'm really hoping that Chris Paul is able to play, even for limited minutes, the rest of the post season. He was such an impact player this series, and I would hate to see him being unable to complete this series (or potentially go further this playoff run).

RasaqBoi and da_juice like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max:

The impact could be (I'm picking Boston to beat the Cavs in 7.) None of the following things I'm about to say are implausible.
    1. CP3 is healthy in one of the next 2 games, the Rockets get by the Warriors
    2. It compromises him for the next series, maybe even has to miss some time in order to get by the Warriors
    3. LeBron can lead the Cavs to an unlikely win in Boston
    4. LeBron in the Finals has an actual chance to win that series. After last night, if Chris Paul misses games or isn't right for the Finals, not unthinkable LeBron can win his 4th championship this season.

SAS: Houston isn't beating Golden State without Chris Paul. If I'm Mike, I'm not playing him in game 6. I'm not even letting him travel. Worried about his dollars. He walked away from over $200M. He's 32 years old. I've been told & assured by the Rockets that taking care of Chris Paul is already done, there's no way on earth they're not going to take care of him.

s3ts and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. acjeitherocket

sounds like he pulled it....I'd be shocked if he plays tomorrow.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I can’t take it any longer. We should be hearing something in the next hour.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

That’s why I posted that I didn’t think my thoughts about it were rational. Still a little mad at Jimmy about this

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If it wasn’t already blatantly obvious that Harden is the most under appreciated star in NBA history, now we have people blaming him for the Chris Paul injury. Get the ever loving **** out of here with that nonsense. The amount of twisted ass backward logic it takes to even begin to form that kernel of thought in the brain is beyond comprehension. Just wow.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Just sit him for game 6 if he can be healthy for game 7. No point of putting a 50% cp3.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't see how he would be able to go for the next game. Even a minor pull is going to need a few days. He could try to play with it but then you risk him not only re-injuring it but also slowing down the healing process.

11. jboslett

jboslett Member

How did we do when CP was out this year? Anyone know?

The warriors have defended James really well this series. Draymond/KD give them such flexibility when it comes to the Harden/Capela PNR which is unstoppable against teams with traditional bigs.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

15-6, including one against GS.

Very different team and gameplan.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

this isn't correct. the rockets have lost 9 games without cp3 playing this year and he played all the games against GS

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I thought he missed 24 games. Either way, the Rockets did pretty well without him. The key was to have everyone else available to play. When he and Capela were out, the Rockets looked average at best.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Without CP3 - Gordon was playing like an All-Star. Hitting all his threes, driving to the rim.. it was unbelievable to watch. If CP3 doesn't play tomorrow, we must switch up the game plan.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

bulkatron likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Anyway, we had hurt CP vs. GSW and won opening night, and lost the game without Harden, and won again at full strength. So - who knows who is going to show up if CP doesn't, but someone will have to. A few Ryno 3's and some LMAM defense and hopefully we can end it in 6.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its really Paul's end game decision making that really is helping the team. Paul understands when to settle down and when to let Harden do his thing. Paul leadership in close games shines through. Losing him for any time isnt a good thing. That being said, I hope the Rockets' others just go out and focus on making shots...and live with the result of winning or losing. We need everyone to be on the same page...GS isnt going down without a fight at their house...Rockets players(ie James, Gordon, Ariza, Tucker, Anderson, Luc, Green) need to really focus on playing a game without pressure. Just go out there and play basketball.