1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets anthem for game 6

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Only posted for inspiration

4. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

I'm a neurologist. I will defer to you for sure. Can you explain how him being an athlete will allow him to overcome potentially torn muscle? Did you see him walking to the locker room? He wasn't limping too bad. Would a grade 3 require crutches? Could one potentially walk off the way he did with a grade 2 or 3? Thanks in advance.

Blatz, DonKnock and c1utchfan925 like this.
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think it will be a 1.673

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

To be honest, I think Keith Jones kept CP3 out of the last few moments because the Rockets were up and they weren't sure how severe the injury was. CP3's gait (walking pattern) seemed pretty stable and steady with no hints of instability or favoring one side over the other. I'd say he's going to try to tough it out and play game 6 but hopefully we'll learn more tomorrow.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why not sit him out game 6 regardless? If we have to go to game 7 so be it.....

DD

kubli9 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think waiting to game 7 makes a whole lot of sense

rocketman84 and banzai like this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's something I was debating with a dude on Twitter. Well, not really debating since we both agreed. Maybe the Rockets should just rule out CP3 now for Game 6. Don't fly him to Oakland(and back). Let him just get treatment for the next 3 days and give it a go in Game 7(assuming it's not a tear). Or maybe the unthinkable happens and the Rockets win Game 6 rendering all of this moot.

Then there's the debate over if(and how long) you rest him in the NBA Finals, but you cross that bridge when you get to it.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

On or off the court, you best believe CP3 is gonna impact this team. This is probably one of his final seasons to impact directly on the court. He gonna squeeze every bit of this... even if he has to beat it out of James to quit acting like he ain’t the MVP.

12. HookemHorns1250

I'm with this train of thought. As much as I'd LOVE to win at their place to close it out, it certainly doesn't need to come at the possible expense of Paul. There should be no reason he should play at 60-70 percent for game 6. Game 7? Fine, that's your season, but game 6 at Golden State will be hard enough as it is, just let Paul rest (If it's possible for him to come back for game 7), and play game seven if he can.

13. BleedsRocketRed

I was thinking the same, but it might be the hopeful fan inside me.

We'll see.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Holy **** will these idiots stop talking about Andre Iguodala

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

dantoni needs to stop being stubborn and expand the rotation. you can't get away with ith 4 straight games. it's time to buy some time from ryno and luc

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I concur, I think this is where Ryno comes out and earns his paycheck. He was clutch in Oakland. We gonna need another scorer when harden sits if CP3 doesn’t play. He’ll Kerr is having to play shaggy p. Maybe MBAH is good for purely defensive purposes too. We gonna need fresh legs.

DonKnock and ryl like this.
  17. ryl

ryl Member

Well elite athletes are in the 99th percentile when it comes to their genetics... so there’s that. That have 24/7 access to trainers. They get their injuries treated immediately. They have access to an assortment of various options. But let’s say he has a hamstring injury that would usually take a couple of weeks in one of us, he may be able to come back in half the time due to the factors above. We’ve seen it with TO when he came back from foot surgery to play in the Super Bowl. We’ve seen it when AD came back to rush for like 2000 yards 9 months after his acl reconstruction. I did my residency at a big football school and we’d give lidocaine injections to players for some of their injuries before the game so they can play the game. But with hammies, you can really do that.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It’s more than a pain thing. I just tore my calf muscle yesterday. I felt a little pop. I’m healing faster than I thought but it’s still a 2 week injury. CP3 isn’t playing next game from the way he got up off the court. Harden needs to prove he’s the MVP in game 6 and beat these ****s.

ReignSupreme and ryl like this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

From a Chinese reporter:

CP3 just finished treatment and is chatting with Tucker and Capela. He's limping a little bit but looks in good spirit.

Tfor3, Vivi, Why not? and 5 others like this.
  20. jman255

jman255 Member

If he’s well, play him. No argument.

Tfor3 likes this.