1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul out 3-5 weeks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

the nba has lost their finest thespian. =( on set, doing what he loved doing the best.

I'm trying to see where the mavs player makes actual contact for him to fall in such a manner. I can't see it.

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

Yeah, his left arm got tangled in the foul, then he flops onto his right arm and that's the injured shoulder. One of announcers tries to say the arm was injured before he hit the floor, but his right arm was dribbling and never took contact.

The flop on the floor was when he hit his right shoulder. I thought he had perfected the paratrooper roll by now. guess not

haha

3. Zboy

Zboy Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

Craziest year ever with injuries.

Kobe
    CP3
    Rose
    Gasol
    Lopez
    Westbrook
    Horford
    Rondo
    Nash

And thats just the big injuries to the big names....

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Dislike his play all you wan't but to find another human's serious injury funny is pretty sickening.

6. heypartner

heypartner Member

Please. A dislocated shoulder is far from being serious. And he did it to himself via flopping. And if you don't think he wasn't flopping onto his right shoulder,,,I don't know what to tell you.

face it...floppers at some point risk injury like this.

7. clippy

clippy Member

Looks like he tripped and then tried to brace the fall but I dunno, could be embellishing. I suppose he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with you guys. Anyway, sad that he got injured and you could tell it was bad by the way he reacted on the way to the lockerroom.

Even though I can't stand Kobe I didn't like to see him go down either time.

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

The ****? Lmfao.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Looks like Harden is up next then.

10. clippy

clippy Member

He meant across the entire league (i guess lebron would be first?) but actually paul is less important to the clippers than griff because the clippers have capable wings but no big man depth.

11. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

It will probably linger around him for quite some time. I never said he was flopping, I just think its sad that you think its actually funny seeing someone dislocate their shoulder.

12. clippy

clippy Member

Heypartner has 30k posts on a message board. He doesn't have a lot going on probably lives for schedenfraude.

13. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

not sure if trolling or serious. He's their MOST important player and it isn't even close. CP3 is a top 5 maybe even top 3 nba player

14. heypartner

heypartner Member

I don't wish injury on Chris Paul, but I also don't think a dislocated shoulder is any worse to a basketball player than a badly jammed (dislocated) shooting finger. He'll be fine.

In the mean time, laughing at him for injuring himself on a flop is going to happen.

2 people like this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

The irony is half of Chris Paul's game is based on embellishing contact to draw fouls when there is hardly any. Actually getting injured when trying to embellish contact is very karmic. Thus, an unfortunate incident turns into a comical situation.

Much lulz.

16. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I back this up 100 percent.

17. heypartner

heypartner Member

The word is spelled "schadenfreude." Get it right.

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

a dislocated shoulder far from being serious? yeah he'll probably return to the same level of play but he'll have aches, pains, and cold sensitivity there for the rest of his life. yeah i don't feel sorry for him, but i'm not gonna laugh at him. geez

19. clippy

clippy Member

I thought i did ok off the top of my head

1 person likes this.
  20. clippy

clippy Member

So will you have "much lulz" if Harden smacks himself in the face while flailing to the hoop and suffers a laceration from his beard that sidelines him for 3-5 weeks?

Actually nvm, that would be pretty lulz worthy. Carry on.