1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. kastuul

kastuul Member

We should sign Howard and trade Harden for Lebron next year.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Even our very own salary cap expert agrees..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/arankin11">arankin11</a> Dwight. Would be a monster on PnR with Harden, Lin. Plus, allows Harden to remain primary ballhandler. Would be happy w/CP3, tho.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/330740681859534848">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If you don't think the Rockets would be better with Chris Paul on the team, I don't know what to tell you.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Both. SnT for CP3 if he's agreeable. The Clips will be dying to get something out of it if he wants to leave.

5. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Howard durable? Don't know if under 70 games per season the last 3 seasons qualify for that..

6. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Not really, if you had watched the series closely you would have noticed how Turkoglu's playmaking was key to Orlando. If you now say its not hard to throw lobs D12 will catch anything ask Nash why it didnt work in La

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Teams that would take Asik and Lin have all the leverage when it comes to Parsons. I highly doubt we keep Parsons in the situation of acquiring CP3 and Dwight.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Are you saying that Hedo Turkoglu and James Harden are pretty much on the same level?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's played in 90% of the regular season games over the last 3 seasons. He played in 99% of the regular season games in 6 seasons before that. Paul has played in 87% of regular season games over his career.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

To me it's a no brainer ...it's Howard and here's the logic:

- Howard would greatly improve our team defense. Paul can't cover for others the way Howard can.

-if was were able to sign Howard then Ask would become a huge trade asset that could be used to acquire an elite PF or PG. If we signed CP3 then Lin would be tradeable but he wouldn't bring near the return that Ask would.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

2009 NBA Finals (LA Lakers vs Orlando Magic)

Hedo Turkoglu Season Averages: 16.8ppg, 5.3rpg, 4.9apg, 0.8spg, 41%FG

That being your second best player on the team and still making the finals? That's the Dwight Howard effect.

Now try pairing him up with James Harden.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Noticed how most of the anti-Dwight are primarily basing their assessments on his short tenure with the Lakers. So many factors on why he struggled with LA. I'm not even going to enumerate them. You all know what i'm talking about.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Bottom line, can't be too nitpicky. If either of these two agrees to sign with us, it would be like hitting the NBA lottery.. period. Odds are, both of them will re-sign with their respective LA teams.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sorry Billy Crystal. I'm starting the official call. @<a href="https://twitter.com/cp3">cp3</a> to the @<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a></p>&mdash; Bun B (@BunBTrillOG) <a href="https://twitter.com/BunBTrillOG/status/330779715877093377">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Me i would go for Paul and Smith. That way we get to keep Asik as our center. We would be set at every position then.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not me. IMO, we have our starting center for the next 4 years or so with Asik. Howard is more of a want than a need. We need an upgrade at the point and PF. Current Rockets + CP3 + J Smoove = league domination!

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

fixed

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Chris doesn't sound too optimistic about his chances in LA.

In his defense I guess, Memphis is probably the worst team to match up against from a Clippers stand point. Think if they had any other seed thats not 4 or 5, they would still be in it.

20. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

CP3 is an even more ball dominant guard than Lin. Not enough ball to go around with Harden and CP3.