1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah but in order to get Dwight AND CP3, at least one of them is going to have to be traded here. And in order to do that I think Chandler would probably be gone.....:(

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You typically get back a lot less in a sign and trade than a regular trade. Picks + Lin/Asik would get it done methinks. Hell, if we could pull it off, maybe we could trade Lin/Asik to a team like Utah and get nothing but picks and trade exceptions so we can just sign both CP3 and Dwight outright.

3. AJS2518

AJS2518 Member

Howard would be a better fit for what we do now on offense. Imagining a Harden/ Howard pick and roll to get easy shots and will pass the ball out to the perimeter shooters or back out to harden so he could either shoot or drive to the basket and Dwight would seal off shot blockers out the lane for Harden and Parsons.

4. amak316

amak316 Member

Obviously you take either as either one would be by far the best player on this team, but I think Howard is the clear choice if we could choose.

CP3s game overlaps too much with Hardens. It will be a lot like this year with Harden and Lin where they have almost the same skillset but one is a lot worse at those things than the other, and since theres only one ball the other is forced to be a role player. I think with D12 were a contender and he provides a completely unique and great skillset.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I think you're right. Trading Lin and Asik for picks and trade exceptions would clear enough room for Dwight and cp3 but is it possible?

And it seems like we'd be just giving them away for nothing.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You aren't giving them away for nothing. You are getting "picks" and it is the opportunity cost of being able to get DH12/CP3.

And yes, if the Rockets move Lin/Asik (16M) they can get CP3/Howard.

In fact, according to BimaThug, they could move Asik/White/Trob to get it done. (in theory moneywise).

The hard part isn't making the "money work" just getting DH12 and CP3 to commit. Morey will make the adjustments if they commit just like Pat Riley did with the Miami Big 3.

7. mikeyfikac06

mikeyfikac06 New Member

Cp3, Josh Smith, and James Harden would be sick to watch!!!

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lin and Dwight are a Match made in heaven, Chris Paul and Asik would be good but not great.

I be happy with either but if i could choose i'd take Dwight.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Bump.

What do you guys think? Seems like a real possibility one of them could be a Rocket next season.