1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul needs to step up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, May 3, 2018.

1. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Sure seemed to me like he completely dominated in the game 2 win @houston vs the timberwolves in round 1, which was barely two weeks ago. He's had a mediocre playoffs, sure, I'll give you that. But... c'mon now. Many people consider cp3 to be a top 10 player in the god damn league. We've barely lost with him in the lineup.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea man, I'm with you bro.

One thing thats funny to me is that I dont see alot of these dudes here when we win. (im new but ive lurked here for a lilt bit)

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

CP is OK last game. We needed just a few more shots from our role players. Gordon is the guy who we need more from this postseason. He’s been putrid.

hakeem94 and RoyalGuard like this.
  5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I generally agree with this thread ... but did anyone else not notice that cp's defense has been rather decent-good this series on top of his ability to get in the paint being put on display? when cp3 was running the show last night we got a lot of quality looks from 3 and our shooters bricked at least four open 3s from cp's penetration. I think this should be emphasized as more of what will open up our offense ...

The only thing cp could maybe revise is how soon he's picking the ball up and bailing the defense out. That and semi rushing some of his midrange shots. Other than that, he's played rather good, though not great this series so far. If he continues to get in the paint at will, our offense can go to yet another level (he barely drove in the regular season and relied on Harden).

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

CP3 used to have Reddick running around screens and they worked it to perfection. He also had Blake as a threat and lobs to DJ. Somehow he hasn't had that success in the playoffs, since Green and Gordon are off. CP3 to Ryno used to be money, but he's gone MIA. The connection with Capela also really hasn't been there all year. It's a combination of factors, but it's worrying since we've heard and seen about this CP3 before. He's being too slow, timid and ball dominant, but like @cheke64 said, we have almost zero off the ball movement. It's on the team and coach too.

hakeem94, cheke64 and pippendagimp like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pringles typically let's our 3 guards freelance after reading the defense, but i cannot understand why he doesn't also run some specific plays for gordon & ryno to get them open looks. just watching the ball go in once for ryno would wake his ass up and elevate his entire game

OTMax likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think he is playing cautious saving himself for the WCF the only team that can really beat us....we got this

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

EG DOES THIS AS WELL

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HE IS A MAX PLAYER ITS JUST THAT THIS IS HIS FIRST SEASON WITH A NEW TEAM IN A ROLE HE WAS NEVER PLAYED BEFORE
    SORRY FOR CAPS IT WAS AN ACCIDENT

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

[​IMG]
    I made this right now mainly so I could look at Chris on an individual game status, so I thought I might as well share with you guys. Basic box score numbers. I know they don't tell the full story, but sometimes it helps to look at things from an on paper view. Potential stands for potential assists. Basically shots that teammates missed.

I trust Chris Paul to show up when we need him to.

12. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Shooting 48% in the playoffs, shot 46% in the reg. season. Reality's a b****.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

he'll nut up

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Am kinda curious man why do you he is playing cautious..??

I know he doesn't wanna get injured but if he doesn't give it all this may end up 7 games series
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. MD_in_Training

How about you make an argument against my position. Otherwise, please go away.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

MDA needs to step up!!!!

Drogba, 1Deep and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I definitely agree with this.

He got out coached last game.

Time to show why he's the reining coach of the year.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I mean even being down 1-2 is not a death sentence. Several of the best teams over the years have overcome the odds of being down to an ''inferior" team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

This is the problem with this offense. CP3 is running it, guys are bricking 3s and that's it. If a team loads up at the rim this is the reality of the situation.

I think Nene and Anderson need more run here. Particularly together. But in reality he'll probably put Tucker and Anderson at the 5 again.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

CP3 hasn't been so bad, although closing on a house and such......maybe the timing is off. Got to stay focused on the prize.

But there are other guys who just have not shown up. Someone needs to tell them the second round started and the Jazz can beat us.

Stormy1234 likes this.