1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul needs to step up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, May 3, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm not panicking ... and I agree we are the better team . But the pressure is on us now .and part of the reason we are considered the better team is when one factors in cp3's level of play

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Slightly above average PG....the hell, yo this place is getting outta hand, I got dudes saying they wanna trade Harden and now this lol wow.

HakeemOnlyFan and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Hmmm. Ok. Which one is he closer to right now? In my opinion a max player should be able to take over games at will a la..Harden..LeBron..Anthony Davis..Durant.
    CP3 used to be on that level but if your being honest you know that's not him anymore. He'll have the occasional good game but not near enough consistency for max $.

PeterKingX, Little Bit and Houstunna like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Indeed. Hope he isn't experiencing anything physical -- injury, fatigue, age -- because we're not going anywhere without his playing well.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Capela has been the second best player on the team in the playoffs. Paul has had a few good games these playoffs but he hasn't really been overall impressive and definitely looks like he has lost a step defensively. He's a quality side kick for Harden but he's going to have to be better especially with the lack of consistent production from role players. With the production the team is getting from their role players currently, Paul has to be at super star level for the rest of playoffs and he was only at that level in game 2 of Minnesota series.

Hakeemtheking, ryano2009 and Drogba like this.
  6. threepointshot3

Cp3 has never been on harden or Lebron level as a scorer.. he killed led teams with his playmaking

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm not just talking about scoring the basketball. Those guys I mentioned are 2-way players. With the way he currently plays on the defensive end and what he gives you offensively you think he is worth the max?

PeterKingX likes this.
  8. smp

smp Member

CP3 looks a lot better when the bench players hit some shots. EG has turned into a scrub. Luc has been hurt. Ryno disappeared. That's why our bench sucks right now. It used to be a strength for us.

9. dmoneybangbang

We really need every player not named Capela, Harden, and CP3 to make more shots.

CP3 could certainly be more decisive, but our bench has not been hitting shots.

ryano2009 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. MD_in_Training

With the trend thus far, by this time next year, CP3 may not be more than a glorified role player. Even compared to beginning of the season, his ISO efficiency has gone down significantly. His mid ranger jumper is above average but no longer automatic, which hurts his ability to run a PnR. He can still have the occasional big game, but if we give him the supermax, we may as well blow it up.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This was why paul was brought here right? You need paul and harden dominating the games to win. 30+ each. its hard but they have to both be on there game to win these ball games. Just imagine if houston came out like this vs the warriors? I dont want to lol..

12. hakeemthagreat

I've been thinking this but hoping it wasn't the case

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Cp3 has been an absolute surprise for me so far, I know he is 33 but he has been below average only 2 games where he tried to play aggressive and they were 2 descent games are games 2 and game 4 in the first round, outside of those games he has been below average.

14. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Do you remember 4th quarter (around 1-2 mins left) when Rudy Gobert was guarding him way past the 3 point line? We were only down 2 possessions and he just dribbled the ball into our bench with no pressure. Even Reggie Miller was stunned stating "when was the last time you ever seen Chris Paul do that before?". It was Jeremy Lin-esque and we are supposed to have a POINT GOD. I don't get it. What is wrong with this guy? Is old age finally catching up? Is he injured? Does he not have a heart? I HIGHLY DOUBT CP3 will re-sign with us if we lose to Jazz. He has a one-way ticket to wherever LeBron is going especially now that Cavs don't have anyone good at PG. If this were to happen, was this season even worth the picks/players for a one year rental CP3?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Paul is terrible. He did not play well in this series.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's been pretty disappointing this playoff run. One thing that frustrates me the most is his inability to find Capella when Capella rolls hard and unfortunately I think that is an unsolvable problem due to CP3's height. I wonder how he did it those years with Deandre.

Also, he hesitates on making the pass or shot like a rookie. It's frustrating especially for a veteran savant at the pg position. Like, he will make an amazing dribble move to shake off his defender and just stand there and let the defense recover... Why?

#36 fchowd0311, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Drogba and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Does him drive to the basket anymore? or is he too old to do that? Dude's only weapon now seems to be dribble and shoot.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He needs to keep killing Utah on that mid range off the pick and roll.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He barely touches the ball and he is getting 20-5-5 on 46% shooting from the field and 46% shooting from three, to go with 3.5 steals.

If anything, he just needs more touches and way more shots. Hell, give all of Gordon's shots to CP3.

Deuce, hakeem94, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

@cheke64 is a first class idiot.

But then again, there’s a lot of knee jerk cry baby cuck sissies on here when we lose a game. If we lose game 3, then worry. Until then, let’s see what adjustments are made and see what game 3 has to offer.

Verbal Christ likes this.