1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is convinced the Clippers have the secret to beating the Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 26, 2012.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Lamar odom
    Jamal crawford

Nick young signed somewhere else i think.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Oh yeah, Philly I believe. Good call

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but can he convince the rest of the Clips that they have a secret to beating the Lakers?

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Even if the Clippers aren't better than the Lakers, their fans should still be happy. LAC come a long way since Baron was their PG and Sebastian Telfair and Steve Blake was their backups and their wings consisted of bad players like Travis Outlaw, Ryan Gomes and Rasual Butler. The Clippers best big of the bench was Craig Smith...

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, that fell pretty flat. I had it composed a lot better in my head- with accompanying images- but it obviously doesn't work here.

Back on topic, I think the Clippers are the 2nd best chance to beat the Lakers behind OKC- but I think their chances are slim. They would need:

1) DeAndre Jordan to really establish himself as a defensive player and have him at least try to contain Howard. Also, Blake will have to step it up on Gasol.
    2) Chris Paul will have to do it all. Set guys up, score, defend Nash. He's a great player, but IMO to get over the Lakers he'll have to give 120% of his effort.
    3) One of the wings has to play strong D on Kobe. Luckily for the Clips, Metta isn't what he used to be- meaning they could- hypothetically- double team Kobe with Barnes and Butler without getting burned.
    4) Crawford, Butler, or Hill will have to shoulder more weight on defense.

-Perhaps the biggest disadvantage the Clippers have is that they lack a true homecourt. Laker fans will (obviously) have no problem attending the other 3 games on the "Clipper's court." Essentially, the Lakers would have 7 home games.

O

6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

PG Chris Paul/Eric Bledsoe
    SG Billups/Jamal Crawford/Willie Green
    SF Caron Butler/ Grant Hill/Matt Barnes
    PF Blake Griffin/Lamar Odom/Ronny Turiaf
    C DeAndre Jordan/ Ryan Hollins

its a nice squad. Elite PG and PF, a couple of good shooters. Bench depth has lots of quality names but they are put together unevenly. Lots of SG/SF wing defenders. No half decent big men who can patrol the paint and play any D. They look like the 05/06 version of the suns

7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Oh Chris, you so funny.

[​IMG]

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not if Griffin can't hit jump shots.

9. dlite316

dlite316 Member

lol, so true

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

They need to replace VDN. At this point Chris Paul and Billups are the real coaches.