1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Matthews versus Pro War Dude

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amel, May 8, 2007.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G9P3zqXVqNY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G9P3zqXVqNY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

That is a total strawman since in regards to the military the President and the Congress are completely different. Even though politicians occupy both branches only one is Constitutionally the Commander and Chief.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sishir, what is is about your simplistic Commander in Chief/ Congress bad for micro managing the Iraq War deal?

I am baffled by this repeated small meaningless point from an otherwise intelligent poster.

People i.e Iraqis are dying by the hundreds of thousands, while you count angels on the head of a pin or whatever.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some people believe that maintaining the integrity of the machinery and process of government is much, much more important than any benefits from circumventing it, no matter how well intentioned. I know you are not fond of that idea, as it seems to be a point of contention with you quite often.

I would not describe respect for the rule of law as 'simplistic'.

5. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Ottomaton has already given mostly the answer that I would but in my own words I believe the Constitution matters. For as much as the Constitution has been abused by this Admin. its far from a meaningless point because it is what the US is about and it is far from an intellectual exercise. What we are talking about is the checks and balances system that has served this country for more than two hundred years and while the stakes are high its not worth it to compromise that system because we find it inconvenient for our aims of the moment.

Anyway as I've said Congress has ways of ending the war Constitutionally but what we see them doing is playing politics with half-measures that end up exceeding their own authority.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i just think chris was hungry and felt like eating some pro war dude. i heard it tastes good with crow.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

And our politicians are saying "we are done funding this war"

Which is exactly what they were elected to do.

Bring em home.

DD

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I've noticed this a lot recently with talking heads in regards to dealing with war supporters. They seem to becoming more and more exasperated with winger talking points to the point of having their head explode with frustration.

It’s actually pretty funny to watch.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Exactly. I would prefer that they did it the way Ron Paul laid out a week ago, but that is what they were elected to do.

They should (with apologies to Larry...)

Git-R-Dun!