1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Mannix: Yao's 24 min limit may be reevaluated in DEC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

i think the answer is in the question... yao isn't on the court = no stability, no foundation

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I wish Yao hadn't fouled out vs the Lakers because it sure seemed like the Rox were about to go over the 24 minute mark. They could have just taken a foul on someone and made the change but they also just had a dead ball where the change could have been made and it wasn't just seconds before.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I couldn't believe they actually did it on game 2 of the season. I absolutely agree about the chemistry thing.

if the team knows Yao is gone 19 games this season, they will iso him tmac style

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ditto.

At least we have him for 24 mins a game, but I rather have him In b2b then to get extended minutes in the games he will play.

5. harryrms

harryrms Member

I'll vote for 30 min per game but no back to backs.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No cohesion in that scenario you have 2 different teams....you are asking the entire rest of the roster to play one way with Yao, then completely differently without him.

Then when Yao comes back, they have to switch back to the other way.

That is just not a winning strategy, if he is going to play, play...if not...then move on without him.

DD

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I think it's possible to have chemistry at 24 mpg. If we were 1-1 this all looks a lot different.

And I know what I said in the other thread -- (the whole "75% perspective" thing) -- and I still mean it, but, all that said.... this is great news.

Hell. I'll go further. This is fantastic. This is bigger than last night's loss. Yesterday if you gave me two doors:

Door #1: We beat the Warriors, and Yao will stay at 24 mpg the entire season.
    Door #2: We lose to the Warriors, but Yao's minutes will probably go up after December.

I'll take Door #2 without blinking.

Great great news, and this has put me in a much better mood.

8. Stepping Razor

I think we all just need more patience with Yao. He had a major surgery and didn't play for 15 months. Plus having a frame that size is hard enough on the legs. I wouldn't mind seeing the fella play 30 minutes or more a game myself, but the quicker he gets rushed back, the quicker another injury is waiting to happen. Then everyone on here will pull the "off with his head/trade card". Remember, the plan is to unleash him for the playoffs, where it really matters, and I'm sure we can get a spot as long as our defensive issues are address (and they will be).

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Coach A and DM are both smart guys, see how they work this out...

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

After losing 2 games, this is what Morey said, "Oh shyt, maybe we do have to play Yao more minutes."

"You sir are correct. And forget about consecutive game off for Yao" - Adelman

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

the mpg isn't hurting cohesion.

the necessary day off on back to backs hurts.

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Having Yao in the middle makes a world of difference to every player on the floor. Let's just hope that whatever decision Adelman makes is not based on these two losses.

Lest we forget, there are still 80 games left.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So bring him off the bench and let the starters build some chemistry till the new year when you can try out some different lineups. If there is one superstar in the last year of his contract that will accept that role it is Yao.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not playing Yao in back to backs is going to hurt this team more than the minutes he plays...or doesn't play.

DD

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i highly doubt this is based off of 2 losses. does anything with the rockets management suggest to you that they are that short sighted and reactionary to make a decision on yao's career after 2 losses?

16. aggie87

aggie87 Member

this minute cap is quite ridiculous, he can run the court, he can rebound, and play defense, he will never get his rhythm back if he cant get into the flow of the game, and he needs 30+ mintues a game to do that

he is perfectly fine out there, let the man play!!!

I would wait until the allstar break before they initiate back to backs, but until then he should be geting alot of playing time to condition himself for playoffs

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The surgery Yao had prevents injuries, hell he should be playing alot longer than even before. As anybody that has had the surgery and they tell you and what it does.

18. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I was talking to all the Adelman advisors in this forum. ;)

Two losses and they are all on the ledge ready to jump.

19. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Just out of curiosity, which medical school did you graduate from?

20. aggie87

aggie87 Member

does anyone know how many minutes Ilguaskas was playing after his surgery, was he limited to 24 mins and no back to backs