1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Haynes: “I’ve been told Houston is not a realistic option for LeBron”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Even if they stretch Deng.....they still are in better shape than Houston at attracting LeBron. Houston has to Trade Ryan
    or stretch him......then lose keys players. Bite it.

2. igotwhipscollectingdust

Gil scared you away

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Windhorst did say that initially about the Lakers, but in the later segment about shooters and Ben Simmons he effectively ruled both LA and Philly out because LeBron can’t play without shooters.

Yes, they brought up which teams have shooters, list was Houston, Boston, and then Windhorst said Cleveland. That is where Windhorst categorically defined that LeBron must go.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

People keep talking about big bad Boston. I love the team, and the coach, but they haven't won anything yet. To be the eastern conference champs, you gotta beat the eastern conference champs.

I mean, I'm not discounting that the victor of Rockets/Warriors next year isn't so battle weathered that they would demolish Cleveland. It almost isn't fair that us and GS need to match up before Cleveland gets a crack at it. I mean hell, I believe that's why Cleveland had such a good shot at winning Game 1. The warriors were spent. Cleveland steals a game after a brutal 7 game series, then the West Champs suffer an injury or two, suddenly Cleveland is in it. Hell, we wouldn't have even had CP3 till game 3 if the NBA would have allowed us to play in the finals this year.

5. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

If Ariza ****ing leaves bro...

justtxyank and lw17 like this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Thanks for exposing yourself as a Lakers Stan.

And no, the Lakers are in an equally difficult positon, without one of LeBrons friends

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

He is down 3-0 and taken to the woodshed last year 4-1. I would say 50-50 is a bit optimistic.

8. ctry25

ctry25 Member

everyday eddie and Cash Cam like this.
  9. Progs

Progs Member

I think it has to do more about the Rockets being in the West instead of the east.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Nah he didn’t.

12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

delusion created in your mind

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Fullcourt and lw17 like this.
  14. jayfree

jayfree Member

This may have just changed with the management in Philly changing

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

Nothing is a forgone conclusion.

The LeBron folks swear he did not know who the GM was when he signed. I find it hard to believe. They swear. When they say that, it's not meant to be an insult to Griffin. He selected the Cavs for reasons not about ownership or direction of the team. This time I expect to be different.

(Handicapping owners?) The Lakers ability to bring Magic & Jeanie into the room is a plus. LeBron knows who runs & owns the Lakers. There's a comfort & familiarity level there. LeBron will not go to the Lakers because he thinks Magic is a great individual. He's going, if he goes, because of what they can do for the rest of his career.

Ramona: He has a very good understanding of the players he needs: someone who can create offense. That could be a Lonzo Ball. Lakers don't have shooters right now. They have some high IQ guys but are young. Most of the Lakers best players are 22 & younger. That's not exactly the profile of a team LeBron would join.

(Ever consider Miami again?) BW: Heat love to work. I don't know if at this stage of his career...I think he yearns for the structure of the Heat organization at times. They have very little ways to improve their roster. He'd have to say trade me to Heat and the Cavs would be willing but aren't taking Hassan Whiteside. We'll take Bam Adebayo, Dragic, Winslow. They're taking the prime assets. Is it possible? Yes but then they'd have to get Paul George (or another star) to get the Thunder to trade him to the Heat. LeBron has the June 29th option. He can go to the Cavs and say trade me to X. Cavs most likely would be willing. For example, the Rockets. The Cavs would attempt to work out a deal but they aren't taking on Ryan Anderson. They won't take on Anderson to accommodate LeBron. They'll do a deal that can benefit them. But again, if you're trading key pieces...do you say goodbye to Capela & Gordon for him? Yes but Capela is a free agent. It'd have to be post sign & trade and Cavs would be limited because repeat tax payer. It could happen but important to recognize that LeBron doesn't want to go to a team that has to strip pieces off of it.

Arnovitz?: There are no great options. He doesn't have a great decision.

BW: A lot of people say Philly. I say whoa. 1) LeBron is successful with shooters. Ilyasova, Redick & Belinelli are probably gone. 2) LeBron needs a big who will stretch the floor. Is Embiid prepared to spend 50-60% standing in the corner waiting for LeBron to throw him a pass? Can I have a warm take here? I think Ben Simmons is a center. I like him as a ball handler, hate him as a shooter. He's 6'10, incredible defensive player. Who is shooting? I listen to people who say Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, it's done, Griffin will be hired, it's done, it's Philadelphia he'll win the next 11 titles! Let me know when they do that (get some shooters). If I'm LeBron, I'm not gonna be piece A.

Deuce, MghtyPtrck, Fullcourt and 2 others like this.
  16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

No Lebron of PG? Trade Anderson for Ibaka sign Tyreke Evans and sign run it back! of course some small moves need to be made.. another shooter like ellington?

smoothie likes this.
  17. igotwhipscollectingdust

Then keep posting breh we need you. Too many Warriors stans

DonKnock likes this.
  18. igotwhipscollectingdust

Bron >>>>>> guy in your avi

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Myers probably pissed cause Morey forced him to overpay Iggy lol.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wouldn’t shock me if ariza did that. He’s flat out said he doesn’t really like our style of basketball. He prefers motion offense.