1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: Rockets will go after Andrew Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PrettyEdward, Feb 6, 2013.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Bad knees and kind of a dick? I'm good with Asik. Now that we have Harden, Bynum's not a risk we need to take.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

Asik's solid and improving. Howard and Bynum are neither. Let's look to upgrade other positions. Right now, Delfino's elbow has me thinking JJ Redick. Delfino, Aldrich, and White for Redick?

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Agree.
    What we need is a better coach and maybe a power forward.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I really think Asik is the answer at center. Nobody I'd rather have on a long-term contract.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Agree on Redick (regardless of Delfino's elbow). He could be our J.R. Rider or J Crawford coming off the bench. He would immediately be our 2nd offensive option and he could even push Lin for the starting PG spot. Redick is not a high dollar move but he would have just as much impact on this team as Josh Smith or Milsap.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's hilarious.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Great white hype... Darryl Morey's attempting to win a championship not to be the Minnesota Timberwolves... Now Kevin Love would make an immediate impact I could see that if healthy.

1 person likes this.
  8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Redick doesn't help the Rockets defensively (nor does he hurt the Rockets). But he would be a major boost to the offensive production of the team. A legitimate catch and shoot player with a good shooting percentage. Dude would easily average 17-20 points a game in this offense with Harden and Lin. And here lately he's been playing like he was at Duke (guess its finally clicking for him).

But hey, just my opinion _ because I think it's hilarious that Rockets fans want to trade for and give Josh Smith a max contract when it's NO WAY Morey will do that... Just like this ridiculous Bynum thread...

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Don't know if you've seen Redick play but he's actually an above average defender.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you think a backup guard would help the Rockets more than a star PF? LOL fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter what it is.

Personally I think the star PF, being that PF is the greatest weakness in the starting linup, would be a thousand times more helpful to the team than a backup guard.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No, not at all.. I don't think Josh Smith or Milsap are STAR power forwards... And I damn sure don't think Smith is worth a Max Contract. He is what he is.. An athletic big who can jump out the gym but goes jump shot crazy. So if the Rockets want a player that shots jump shots than I would rather have Redick than Smith...

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Even better. Just helped my point...

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I don't see Redick as a PG, except maybe in an emergency, fifth-string PG role. I agree he's much improved defensively: I've seen him shut Kobe down three Kobe possessions in a row to end a quarter; I mean Redick just absolutely forced Kobe into impossible shots-- earned some critical acclaim from the Mamba for that. We can all agree on his catch-and-shoot and FT skills. If we have a reasonable shot at Redick, we should take it.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Redick would be a bench player.....Smith is an amazing defensive player who gets rebounds and can run the PnR, not to mention he can play both forward spots so it gives the team more rotational flexibility.

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

A STAR power forward is L.A., Love, Dirk, Duncan, KG and if you think Smith or Milsap is on these guys level _ OKAY... Won't argue with you..

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith is a great defensive player who is just shy of being a 20/10 player.....and you are comparing him to JJ Redick. At first I thought you were joking.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

The Rockets are doing just fine offensively without a PnR 4. And if you think Smith is worth a max contract _ around $20 million a year for four years for a couple of more block shots and rebounds and a few more points than Patterson _ OKAY..

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we're looking at PF only, consider Ryan Anderson. But I'd rather wait for DMo and TJ to develop. Right now, I'm thinking Redick's our best available upgrade. If we're going to be a three-point shooting, run-and-gun gang, I like the thought of Harden, Delfino, Redick, and a stretch-4 on the floor with Asik/Whiteside triggering those breaks.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I think that Smith is worth a max contract to the Rockets. He's twice the player Patterson is or ever will be and he can play both forward spots which would allow for a lot of different rotations if DMo becomes a good PF.

You talk about "doing just fine" without a PnR 4, but we'd be doing a whole hell of a lot better with one. "Doing just fine" doesn't get the team to the next level, add a PnR 4 who plays great defense and the team just might get there.

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No sir, I didn't compare the two I said J.J. would have just as much impact.

Having a good bench can make a world of difference for the Rockets. Just look at Portland... They have one of the best starting lineups in the league but they have the worst bench in the league.

Add J.J. and a legitimate backup for Asik (a guy who can rebound and protect the rim) and play T Jones and or D-Mo at the 4 instead of Morris to backup Patterson and we would be just as good than with Josh Smith at a much cheaper price...