1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh: Versus Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 5, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought so.
    I am not saying that Bosh will be good or bad
    but
    I am saying we have to look beyond the numbers
    bosh seems a bit soft to me. . . like SAR
    and that worries me. . . .

I think Yao can push the team forward
    Yao and Bosh would be more like Robinson and Duncan
    Bosh is softer than Duncan
    and
    Yao IMO is harder than Robinson :D

I am not against a trade
    BUT
    1. don't gut the team to do it
    2. know what you getting and look at all options

Rocket River

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The trade for Bosh makes him a winner and us improved. The defense cannot focus on him due to scoring machines surrounding him. AB, Martin, Ariza and Yao is scoring nightmare for anyone. Ariza is the 5th option in this group.

3. mFt82

mFt82 Member

I wonder if people downplay the eastern conference too much. Granted there are teams with less good records in the east but certain teams are true contenders and should not be discounted. Consider Cleveland and Orlando to name only two...

I have my reservations about Bosh particularly since acquiring him would mean losing Scola and I would really hate to do that. However, I recognize that the team wants to up the anti, so to speak, and whatever generates wins + title contention is fine by me...

I forgot the point of my post here but I think it had something to do with questioning the point of this thread. Shareef has about as much chance of coming to Houston as monkeys have if flying out Wayne Campbell's butt.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he is out of the league

Rocket River

5. conquistador#11

Thank you Garm. Now I'm questioning if we're not better off just keeping Hill, who can develop into a rebounding machine and a more physical player in the low block.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Here is a another statistical comparison for Bosh and SAR. It calI'll add Gasol, since I think Bosh is a more like Gasol at this point than SAR. Bosh's potential move from the Grizzlies similiar to Gasol leaving the Grizzlies, crappy team.

Win Shares PER 48 Minutes: an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player per 48 minutes(league average is approximately 0.100
    http://www.basketball-reference.com

Yr__SAR____PG_____CB
    1__0.049__0.121__0.119
    2__0.113__0.138__0.108
    3__0.108__0.159__0.170
    4__0.132__0.184__0.174
    5__0.126__0.184__0.200
    6__0.116__0.172__0.159
    7__0.152__0.239__0.182

SAR bounces around at the bottom between 0.108 and 0.132. The league average is 0.100. It shows that SAR's contributions to his team's wins was just above average for his 1st 6 years.

Bosh hit his stride in the 3rd year, while Gasol really got going after his 4th year. Both guys bounced around 0.170-0.185 average for the last 4 years.