1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh thinks LeBron James will end up in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How many times we gotta tell you guys that #23 is hanging in the rafters retired …. Calvin Murphy.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

amaru likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Weather forecast is about 100% chance of

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

Bobsputin likes this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Calvin would have to sign off on LeBron wearing his number since it’s retired already

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I see that as a real possibility. He wants to join a team that can win a championship, beating the Warriors. The Rockets showed they could do that WITHOUT him. With him, they become the favorite, and he could rip the Warriors a new a-hole.

The only other team I see competing with that is the Lakers, for non basketball reasons. LeBron has always wanted to create an empire bigger than Jordan's...LA offers that potential, just as it did for Shaq. But much of that comes with winning more championships, too...you need the accolades, and then you get the pot of gold at the end. I think he'd place Rockets ahead.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree with that …. Assuming Lebron leaves , Cleveland is gonna be BAD. No way they want to be paying aging veterans big money to play on such a bad team and the most obvious contracts to make the money work are Ryno and EG , add in Onuaku and the Rockets can take back Korver's $7.5m along with Lebron.

Cap relief and picks are going to be at the top of Cleveland's demands …. shedding $42.5m is a big step in that direction. (That is assuming Ryno and EG don't go to Cleveland but rather a 3rd / 4th team).

lionaire likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet Calvin would do it

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

My prediction is that James would wear #6 here as a show of respect to Cleveland, Calvin and MJ.

9. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Lol sorry

10. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

LOL sorry sorry sorry - did not mean to hit a nerve there!! lollllllllll

We need a new 33 that costs the MLE

11. Rudy

Rudy Member

https://soundcloud.com/tkshow

Chris Haynes from ESPN (insider who broke Gordon Hayward to Boston) on today's TK Show just said aout LeBron: "I've been told that Houston is not a realistic option."

12. cebu

cebu Member

Doesn't make sense really if CP3 will not take a pay cut.

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

If this was blackjack, I'd take my chances of splitting those 3's and hope for a King

14. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, the Rockets at least look like they're ready right now. With the other teams rumored to be in the running, it's basically a leap of faith in that LeBron would be expected to take a talented but unproven young team and drag them to a point they otherwise wouldn't reach for at least another year or two (if ever), which he could probably do because he's so great but...at his age he might just want to go with what looks like a sure thing. You don't want to potentially waste a season hoping Simmons or Lonzo learn how to shoot.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

"Realistic option"?? Let me ask this.....would anyone have said Chris Paul coming to the Rockets was "realistic" last year?? Ok then.

D-rock and htownrox1 like this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3+23+13= 39
    39/3= 13

#newmath

17. roro12

roro12 Member

Can’t we Sign lebron unloading the contacts of Anderson Gordon and pj and then go back and retain cp and Clint using bird rights?

18. TheresTheDagger

Lebron is a physical specimen who's career length is unknown at this point. But even Lebron knows the clock is ticking...he doesn't have many more "throw away" seasons left to win before father time claims him too.

Does he risk the maturation of a team like Philly with an unproven coach and system, or does he go to a team that's ready NOW.

Lebron will play where he wants to play and knowing he wants titles and time is running short, I don't see a better option for him. Morey simply has to make his offer to Cleveland as palatable as possible to get them to come along too.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I hear the deal is on the two yard line... too soon?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Im all out of Potato chips. Any one got sauces?