1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. PeppermintCandy

Is it possible to sign-and-trade for Bosh?
    I'm asking out of curiosity, because after this debacle, I don't think I'd want the Rockets to attempt it anyway.

2. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Can't blame the man for taking the money. I would like to see anybody out turn down all that monies. Anyways for the best because team needs to be more well rounded. Needs a bench and Harden to be held accountable. And either of Harden or Howard to become a leader. I am annoyed at the fact that Rockets gave up a first but got a better one from the Pelicans. Morey do some work with the TE MLE BAE.

3. Downtown Sniper

Heard of a guy called Dwight Howard?

4. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Kobe! And not filling at home in L.A. Along with the fact that they are still a ways away from be a contender.

So many reasons to leave 30 mil

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Besides, Dwight didn't leave 30 mil. LA had high taxes. He was also a 27 year old superstar, and if he stays healthy he'll get another big contract. It's even possible that he will end up earning more over his career in Houston than he would've in LA.

Bosh is a lesser older star, he's not likely to get another huge contract after this one, and Florida has no state tax, just like Texas. That paycut is much more real for Bosh.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What if I told you about team that had Chris Bosh and lost him. They lost Chandler Parsons too. And Omer Asik. And Jeremy Lin and Dwight Howard for half a season . What if I told you that same team won 56 games. #pursuit

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Framed like that I would have asked for a puff on that special cigarette you are enjoying.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its really james harden and the rockets won 56 games.

9. TheRealAllpro

Come on man try to be a little positive. It's amazing what the team overcame.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Its bittersweet knowing that we would probably have won a championship if we signed Bosh and matched Parsons and they didn't get hurt with us.

We still pick up Josh, we still trade for Brew. We still trade for Jet. Maybe Bev and Howard don't get hurt in this alternate timeline.

Bev-Harden-Parsons-Bosh-Howard
    Jet-Brewer-Smith-Capela

That's a hell of a team.

11. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

And Bosh doesn't go down with a blood clot in his lung.

12. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Heart condition much? No thanks.

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Woops I meant the blood clot.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This thread is so much fun to read in hindsight. At the time it was one of the darkest days of an offseason that I can ever recall. Funny how things end up turning out.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think you misunderstand. I thought he was saying if he told me all that before the start of the season. Loss of all those players and we would win 56. If given those parameters and told we would win 56 in October 2014 I would have asked for a toke on that joint cause no way I think we were going to win 56 and reach WCF. But, we did. Despite the flat ending this team was great this year. I consider this season a screaming success.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

True. I was down like everyone else after Bosh made his decision. But after a couple of days, for some reason, I felt relief and was glad we didn't get him and sign Parsons for crazy money. Don't know why but had a hunch the Rockets dodged a couple of bullets. Didn't suspect for one minute their season would end up such a rousing success.

17. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Blood clot and micro fracture... Bullet dodged like the Astros with last year's draft. Phew

18. TheRealAllpro

Ah your right I misunderstood you and your right that's what I was saying. If you knew all that b4 the season it was hard to predict these results but Morey did. He said we would be better b4 the playoffs.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

It is a little ridiculous to say that these are "bullets dodged." Unless the injury/illness is something that the player will inevitably have no matter what-- due to a genetic predisposition or a pre-existing condition that makes such an event likely, we can't say that a player would have experienced the same events that caused the blood clot or microfracture surgery if they had signed with the Rockets also.

Maybe the microfracture has something to do with existing wear and tear, but the blood clot not something of that sort as far as I know.

Frankly, if Morey had to do it all over again knowing that he'd lost Bosh and Parsons for playoff 2015 but get them back in 2015/16, I'm pretty sure he'd sign Bosh and Parsons again. Sure, we'd be missing a couple important guys in the playoffs, but it's not like this team won a title anyway.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Member
    Supporting Member

Not clear we still trade for Brewer and pick up Jet, or that Smith signs with us. We acquired Brewer and Terry through trade exceptions which I believe we would have renounced to sign Bosh.

I'm not sure Smith signs on a Rockets team with Bosh entrenched as a starter at his position. Totally different platooning with Terrence Jones / Motiejunas vs. Chris Bosh.