1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

It's a business both ways.

Bosh just screwed and F'd up the Rockets and he didn't even think twice about it. HE could have at least slept on it...gave it till ten tonight...he didn't.

For all we know he dragged the Rockets along this ride just to get the Max out of Miami.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

When was the last time we had a team with enough names on it that a guy had to sacrifice?

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Really low rent move by Bosh and his agent.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Nah, I believe he was Houston bound until Miami threw the 5 year max at him. He wasn't a man of his word, but it is part of the business.

5. treeman

treeman Member

I don't have a problem with players going for the money - that is their prerogative. What I have a problem with is giving a verbal agreement and rescinding it AFTER the team you had an agreement has already made moves to accommodate that agreement.

To me, If you're an agent your word has to mean something, otherwise how can you ever be trusted to make a deal? Why would any GM deal with someone who would do this?

As I said, it's a really crappy way of doing business.

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

After the last 3 weeks, LBJ going back home and Bosh staying put, this has certainly been a letdown.

7. red96

red96 Member

O sugary, soft ass.

8. Remii

Remii Member

I think our team is fine really. Definitely need a new coach though _ McHale is an anchor. Looking for someone that can continuously shut down guys like Blake, LMA, Duncan, Dirk, Davis, etc is like searching for a unicorn. Bosh would have helped offensively with his midrange but defensively _ meh...

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Exactly! Rocket fans have no problem overpaying Bosh, but because Miami wants to overpay him more, Bush a punk??

Wake up people.....it's just MATH!!! 119 mill > ~80 mill...especially for a guy who's been taking a pay cut the last 4 years.

10. StripedPajamas

What?

Defensively he would have been a monster, especially with Dwight behind him.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

What does that have to do with anything? This is your quote.

Players would only have problems with this if they treated the Rockets as more than a bank where they withdraw their money. So do free agents come to the Rockets looking for $$$? Or to be part of the Rockets family and legacy?

I say they want $$$. Can you give me examples of players during the Patterson/Rudy/Dawson eras who weren't looking for $$$$ when they negotiated with Rockets?

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

You don't think Morey or any gm has ever told FA or draft prospect "hey we're really interested hold off......or yea, if you're there we'll draft you"

Dont you think the Rockets told Lin he was the PG of the future??? Things change.

In this case, it's not personal.....just MATH!!

13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Houston is only a leverage to Bosh, fu2k you dinosaur.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin was the PG of the future. Then he got all passive and crapped his pants. There was no reason for him to get passive just because Harden became the man. I think it was McHale's doing. But who knows....

15. arjun

arjun Member

Wish the worst for Chris Bosh, wasted our entire day.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

my point is, there never was a need. you don't know what would have happened. hey if you wanna stick with the assets mindset, go you. just imagine how you'd feel if your boss didn't even try to hide the fact that he doesn't give a rats ass about you.

17. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He was probably scared to leave. One superstar already left. Bosh leaving too would start a riot.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bosh was never leaving miami.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Perhaps... its certainly possible, I just wont assume it, just like I didn't assume the Cavs trading Jack was proof that Lebron already made a verbal agreement with them.

I wouldn't be surprise either way, but i dont constitute Morey trading Lin or the word of the word of a rocket employee via nook as enough evidence.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

So when did any player during Morey's era come out and say "the Rockets promised to take me but didn't?" Or when a player said "the Rockets promised me $XX mil but then said they're not paying me anymore"

I'll wait. You don't have to list multiple examples. Just one would suffice. Otherwise, you're just BSing.

He was the PG of the future. Until he started to not play like one.

It's not. Neither was Dwight rejecting us the first time, Bosh the first time, Melo(both times), and tons of other FAs that rejected the Rockets. I was cool with all those decisions.

None of them ever gave the Rockets an oral agreement though. In fact, Dwight told the Rockets that he didn't want us. That's what you want to hear from a player that's not into you.