1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

**** bosh that ****ing c*m guzzling f***** lead us on ****

2. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I am really pissed right now. This is a bigger heart break than lillard's three in game six

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

So was this a last minute panic move by Miami?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... who would of thunk that by the end of this week... the biggest FA loser would be the Houston Rockets? Even after MIA loses the best player in basketball? SMH...

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

should have known not to trust prehistoric animals.

2 people like this.
  6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Let's put ourselves in his shoes. Houston offers max...you say ok i'm in. At the last second Miami calls and says, we'll give you 30 more million.

You would actually say "sorry, i told someone else i'd play for them instead. Did I sign something? No but i verbally said I would!"

You'd be silly to pass 30 mill, esp if you're tired of being the 3rd wheel. He's already got rings. He'll never have an all-time legacy, what does Houston have to offer?

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yupper

8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

We had to get Lin/Asik off the books to give Bosh the contract. We had the Asik deal lined up but as Morey said before he wasn't going to trade Lin without knowing he could land a big FA. I'm assuming he got word that Bosh would come here so he made the room he needed to sign Bosh.

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We have regressed while the Blazzers are making moves.:(

10. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

***** Lin. You Chinese fools don't know a damn thing about basketball.
    Karma is watching your country buy all our crap and do what its told.

Lakers will suck with an old Kobe hogging the ball and it'll be worse for him.

Bosh allegedly gave confirmation he was signing if we cleared the room. If thats the case I say ***** CHRIS BOSH. I'm not hating on anyone for choosing the city they want to live or taking a penny less.

I am hating on you Lin fan fools and on Chris LIAR Bosh that orally committed to Houston (Allegedly)

Damn You BOSH! LIAR!

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Boozer did this to the cavs 8 years ago

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Asik didn't want to play for the Rockets, They were trying to trade him all season man.

They would have never traded Lin if they didn't get a strong assurance from Bosh.

This is in no way Morey's fault. He took the risk on Parsons so that this all would be possible. He swung for the fences, him doing this is what got us Howard and to a lesser extent Harden.

This is on Bosh, he made the last minute decision and led the Rockets on. Hopefully Morey learns from this, next time he asks a player "If some other team comes running up with a bag of more money you aren't going to flake out on us right? We need a 100% right now from you."

13. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

You know what F bosh. I hope chokes on mediocrity for the rest of his career

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It'll all work out.

15. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Can't the Rockets sign this Tarik Black kid to come level Bosh a few times in the 1st game against Mia?

16. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Ignore them they will be all gone by the weekend, there LAs problem now

17. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

So do we let parsons walk now too in the hopes of trading for a rondo?

18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't know if I'm laughing or crying atm.

19. torocan

torocan Member

If that's true that's really messed up.

It's one thing to say you'll match any offer, but that's not the same as verbally agreeing to a set of contract terms.

Not only is it considered really bad form in the NBA (the vast majority of the NBA's deals are verbals before they are executed as they are done prior to the date where you can sign contracts), if this was the real world it would be grounds for legal action if there were witnesses to the verbal agreement.

Basically Bosh broke a serious good faith rule in the NBA.

As for Morey breaking his agreement to trade Lin or Asik, Morey is 100% going to stick to those agreements. If he backed out no GM's wouldn't trust him and he'd lose all credibility in trades.

You can't operate as a GM in the NBA unless other GM's think you're going to be true to your word when it comes to agreeing to a transaction.

1 person likes this.
  20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

No they don't. Having houses in different cities and live in different cities are two very different things. Bosh would live in Houston during the seaon, right? Or would that not be the case? If Bosh lived in Houston, would his family stay with him? You think their kids are gonna go to two different schools for one school year? Be realistic.

And yeah of course it was about money. He loves the city and he's getting more money to stay there. I don't understand the confusion, he's already got 2 rings, maybe he's just content with this life.

Who are you to tell him that it's the wrong decision? It's all relative. It's bad for us, but it's still pretty good for him. IF you think his wife dictated all of this, I highly doubt that, maybe Bosh wanted to stay in Miami too. I wouldn't blame him. Not to mention, Wade is still gonna be there. Perhaps, he is a loyal friend and didn't wanna abandon Wade for a paycut in Houston and a complete change in his life. It's not that hard to believe.

I don't like Bosh for staying in Miami. I really wanted him here but I understand his position. It's not that easy, nor simple, to make a decision like that. See things from someone else's perspective. It make life a little easier. You are pissed and are in a rage right now. I'm not.

P.S. If Bosh gave a verbal commit to us and the changed his mind, then that's a really ****ed up thing to do. I understand why he wanted to stay in Miami, but if that rumor is true, then that's a ****ed up way to do it.