1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Choosing dogs over having children

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I worked with a person who let it be known she was having a child. When a co-worker remarked that being a single parent was going to be incredibly life-changing, her response was, "Yeah, but I've had pets before." Fast forward a couple of years and this person was reprimanded for (amongst other things) bringing the child to work and having subordinates babysit and having contractors drop off and pick up the child from day care.

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yep.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen dogs that are better'n all y'alls iPad addicted kids.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I've seen "dog children" bite their "mothers" in the face sending "mom" to the emergency room.

No lie...afterwards, the conversation was, "Why did you do that. You hurt your mommy"

I was floored.

da_juice likes this.
  5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Maybe it's more causation. They treat the dogs like children, dudes see the crazy and peace out, thus not being able to find a suitable mate.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I think it's more Caucasian.

B-Bob and da_juice like this.
  8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I've never heard anyone in the right ****ing mind say anything close to dogs compare to children - the article didn't either.

Are you parents sure it wasn't your imagination? Was it a joke or were you getting trolled and it went over your head?

jsingles and Ziggy like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’ll be ready to have kids when it’s socially acceptable to lock them in a cage when you go to work

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I see it every day. Trust me... it's a thing.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"My dogs are my kids" is dumb, but who cares. If that's how some folks want to be then that's how they'll be and that's cool. Also, if someone doesn't want to be a parent then they shouldn't be one.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Glad you called out her b**** ass.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

Oh it's definitely a thing, I've even seen people post on Facebook about being mothers to their dogs on freaking mothers' day. It's always women that do it too, I got a dog a few years ago and every time I see my aunt (who never had kids but has 3 dogs), she asks me how "my baby" is doing and I'm like "uhh he's a dog and he's fine."

I totally get preferring to have dogs to children, they're easy, don't require a babysitter every time you go somewhere, etc. But I've never for the life of me understood treating dogs as if they're the equivalent to children, it's just pathetic and that's coming from someone who loves his dog like crazy.

da_juice likes this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dogs are better anyway. Easier to care for, and you can lock them in a cage when needed. Boarding when you go on trips can cost a bit, but much cheaper than a kid. The best thing though is they die after 10-15 years and you can replace them. It's illegal to put your kids down when it's time.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

My labradoodle could take any of your kids in a fight, as long as they’re under 10 or 30 kilos

B-Bob likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Unless those kids, like many American kids, have access to unlocked but loaded firearms in the family home. :D Your labradoodle might be SOL.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Some anger in this thread. Human kids suck anyways and my dogs are my kids.

finalsbound likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I like my friends' kids, but I do love that my dog can't really get anyone sick. My friends kids are all like little germ cannons. LOL.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[Rant] I can't stand it when someone announces they are pregnant and having a baby, and then everyone else is like awwwww.....so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!! In my head in thinking wow idiots are happy their life is over and congratulating for something that has been done literally billions of times in human history. Something that requires no special skill whatsoever. But I've learned to keep my mouth shut lol [/Rant]

finalsbound likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hate it when people say that a new born baby is so cute. Those things are disgusting.

finalsbound and R0ckets03 like this.