1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHN vs LTU] Yao vs Lituana

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Landlord Landry

how am i supposed to look it up if i dont know where it is..........duhhhhhhhh.lol.

some people try way to hard to impress.

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5955088.html

Cue the Blinebury blasts, but this report did sort of break my heart in a way. I think Yao's inevitably going to have to make his own decisions. But a silent arena in what may be his last appearance with the CNT (and in China) just saddens me.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

How old are you 12? Google it.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sounds like he was playing on the Houston Rockets! :p

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow, this fool is actually comparing the chinese to the rockets? get that jocking out of here.

6. Landlord Landry

lol, you're serious. Great!

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Edit: just never mind

#107 Hayesfan, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  8. God's Son

God's Son Member

yao is draggin china down with him right now. oh well at least its last game 4 him now so he can heal all the way back and attend the artest welcome party. GHETTO GOSPEL BABY :D

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What a stupid post.

10. RocksMillenium

Why don't you make up your mind? You just trashed Yao for being "soft" and being an NBA center and he shouldn't be dominated and then you turn around and admit that he was playing injured.

11. RocksMillenium

You're on some serious drugs if you think that Yao would have put up the same numbers if he were healthy. So you can act like he wouldn't do better, we'll know that he could do better. Besides, Yao has killed Phoenix in the past, so I hope they continue to "front him" or do whatever you're claiming.

12. rocketshopeful

agreed, hes had both bad and good games against phoenix and gsw and they fronted plenty during his good games. Its not jsut fronting, often times he is swarmed by 2-3 people and we have not had the shooters ready to make them pay.

13. redao

redao Member

argh, its population is only 3.4 million, that's ~1/5 of Beijing's. :eek:

14. LouisianaRocket

Yes I admit he was playing injured, and it was clear he shouldn't have been playing for his nation if he wasn't 100%. But if he can play, he surely shouldn't be dominated. He had to throw up a 3 POINT and get a foul just to get his first points... And after he seen they were going to call fouls he started using that, which yeah it was smart but he still didn't show ANYTHING. And neither did his team, Yao never once did something where I said damn, this guy just dominates. 19 points only because he had 100 million trips to the line. Glad to see Yao can still shoot freethrows ;)

I love Yao, but he was soft as a loaf of bread in the Olympics, and played with no energy, none ,period. Was it because he was rusty, probably so... Do I think he will be like that when he comes to the Rockets? HA, no.

You guys need to calm down and stop being so touchy when someone doesn't have the same opinion as most.

15. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

he got fouled every single time, they are play physical and just want to wear him down.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yao is following tmac's injury path EXCEPT tmac played 5 ridiculously great full years during this prime streak while yao plays half of those seasons.

it's unfortunate not to see yao fulfill his potential. hopefully he'll prove me wrong and play 70+ games next yr and help us win.

17. Albert Einstain

Coach K should keep an eye on that team.

Never underestimate LTU that has beat argentina in group.Further,the LTU would look more horrible if Z was on team .I think the LTU players are more of football players than basketball players.They have size and power while TeamUS have quickness and passion.It's hard to say which team will win the gold medal though ,i frankly hope teamUS beat LTU in revenge for yao.