1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHN vs LTU] Yao vs Lituana

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

Forum
    2008 Beijing Olympics Basketball (14 Viewing)

;)

2. LouisianaRocket

Yao looks like crap in this game. :confused:

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Is the Chinese coach going to play Yao the whole half w/o rest?

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yao hasn't even got one decent look. He is fouled every play.

5. charming1978

charming1978 Member

That's terrible! :mad:

6. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Unless they come up with a way to get Yao the ball in the post, China will get blown out very soon. It's close because they have made a lot of lucky shots. And although Chinese guards have been Luther Head-like in terms of their decisiveness to pass Yao the ball (Liu Wei is a horrible, horrible player), Yao has to do a better job in sealing of his man. I don't think he has improved in this area much, if any, despite this being a huge problem for him for quite some time now.

Is Yao going to play the whole game? He can barely move out there.

7. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

That illegal screen call on Yao was a head scratcher. I'm gonna venture a guess that Eddie F. Rush called that screen, forgetting that this is a FIBA game, not an NBA game.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

is this a do or die game for china?

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

China team is so weak sometimes i wish they just get rid of all their players and replace with someone else.....

I mean when the opponent take a shot and miss and they have nobody around to rebound...how stupid is that. Their guards is just not tough enough

10. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

I believe Lithuania would be favourites going into this contest. But im gonna go for China cuz......Yao's a mad dude. Might be a pretty good match...wonder how loud the chinese supporters will be.:)

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

[CHN vs LTU] Yao vs Lituana (20 Viewing) GARM Wins :p

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

They keep turning the ball over for no reason and Lithu aren't even applying pressure. These Chinese players can't even play the basketball right....they're more like HS team. First, they're not strong enough and everyone of them look thin and weak...2nd, they look to be the same team as in Athen which is weak. In other words, their progress is still going no where. They can't pass inside to Yao...turnover. They can't do fastbreak cuz they turnover as well. They're not fundamentally sound. I am surprise they're in the quarterfinal. It's just so painful watching them play. I wish they should just get rid of all their players except Yao and Yi. Why the hell they keep insisting that Wang Zhi Zhi is a good player.

13. Suuso

Suuso Member

Lithuania is getting way too many open looks from the 3-point line. China has a Lithuanian coach so he should know that u cant let these guys shoot open threes cause they're gonna kill you.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

maaan...I'm hoping china lose, Yao sure could use the rest of this offseason to to rest and rehabilitate

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Man yao looks horrible.

16. Albert Einstain

Hell the former soviet conntries' rosters.Z,Jaskuisus,Ak47,.....

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think David Stern starting out an NBA China League is a good thing...because obviously, these Chinese players aren't progressing based on year after year watching them playing international. They're still too fragile and weak. They're not strong and fundamentally sound. Watching them i feel like...streetballers or regular folks playing on the street can't even beat them. They're so weak it's not even funny...i mean turning the ball over without applying pressure?? Throwing out of bound while your teammate is in clear sight?? Failing to come back and rebound while your opponent missed?? C'mon man...this team shouldn't even be in quarterfinal.

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

word...dude needs some serious conditioning

lithuania needs to hurry up and put this game away!!

19. midnight

midnight Member

would you stfu? man, fortunately not all the rox fan are like you

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

are u watching the game? yao is in no condition to play. dude is busting his ass off while his team is making **** alot much harder than it really is..unnessary for yao to put up with this bs IMO :eek: