1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese Virologist post report claiming virus made in Wuhan lab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 15, 2020.

?

Is she lying

1. Yes - Hired by mtv for new show loose women chicks on the run

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No - she’s really Chinese and she knows secrets

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So where in the article does it say that the virus was created in a lab?

Why would you not pull that quote and instead pull the quote that said could?

It seems you actually don't know how this works.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Still does not say that it was created in a lab in Wuhan.

Do you have comprehension issues?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok I’ll start
    I believe she’s really Chinese
    And not part of some presidential conspiracy
    @Os Trigonum

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So wait.

You just posted an excerpt about creating the virus in the lab but now you want to talk about is she really chinese?

Somebody needs some attention this morning, thankfully I have a little time on my hands.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I think you have reading issues
    The lab in Wuhan means Wuhan China
    Not Wuhan I got you all in check
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/chine...e-in-wuhan-lab/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yan’s paper came after an interview she gave on the British talk show “Loose Women, on Friday in which she repeated her claims that the coronavirus “comes from the lab — the lab in Wuhan and the lab is controlled by China’s government.”
    @Os Trigonum

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m not replying to people who don’t know Wuhan from Wu-Tang
    @Reeko @Os Trigonum
    Clutchfans Rules Everything Around Me

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why there is a virology lab in Wuhan either. I've been to Wuhan a couple of times and it is a major city and centrally located. It also has a major university so maybe that has to do something with it. Most of the real secret work that the PRC does is in places like the Gobi Desert so if this was a bio weapons program it seems odd they would do it in a place like Wuhan.

Keep in mind the US also has virology and other labs holding bio hazards in cities. The CDC is in Atlanta and holds some of the worlds most dangerous infectious agents.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I think she’s Chinese
    Definitely not Latino or Black
    Or she doesn’t pretend she’s Black like those wacky White Chicks trying to get press

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow it only took you 6 post to actually find a blurb of her claiming that.

How many times did you have to actually read it?

Did you also notice this?

"Other scientists out of California have previously published a journal article mapping out the virus’ genetic sequence which they say proves “SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus.”

So can we now debate why this particular scientist should be believed?

I am glad that you stop trying to hide behind the falsehood that you just posted this as a random article and you wanted to debate was the virus created on purpose.

Why was that so hard?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I know this dude
    I watched Walking Dead before it got dumb !

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I can’t tell if she’s lying, do you trust that show Loose Women?

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

My own opinion is that there is a possibility it did come from the lab in Wuhan but if it did was accidental. COVID-19 seems like it's a pretty poor bio weapon. Why create a weapon that not only has less than a 2% lethality but only about 20% of those infected even feel symptoms. For that matter as we note those who die tend to be older people. While the US economy has been hurt by it much of the damage from COVID-19 has been self-inflicted.

SARS-1 affected younger people worse than COVID-19 and if this was meant to be a weapon why not create a virus that hits younger people who not only are more productive but also more likely to be in the military.

More importantly why create a bio weapon that you don't have a cure for, release it in your own population first, greatly damage your economy, hurt your global prestige, and kill many of your own people well before it had an impact on your opponent. It makes no sense.

Nook, Andre0087 and tinman like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

If I made this up myself I would at least make the story cool and her blasting infected zombies from Raccoon City Not Wuhan
    @Jontro remember Mila ?
    [​IMG]

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks brother, great content and knowledge
    I only post stuff so I can get some smart people to reply once in awhile
    It’s like the old Clutchfans

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think she's lying but she isn't saying for certain it was created. She says it could be created but that doesn't automatically mean it was created. I think there is certainly evidence that the PRC could modify an engineer a natural virus. Many countries have that capability and thanks to CRISPR that is commercially available.

I don't doubt that the PRC are manipulating viruses already for all sorts of reasons including bio weapons but I don't see any good reason why COVID-19 would be a weapon.

jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I was just about to note Atlanta and the CDC. Imagine a deadly virus breaking out in Atlanta, but eventually spreading globally and getting people in Iran sick, and the supporters of the Iranian hard liners blaming the US saying that it was a plot to take out the Ayatollah over the nuclear agreement. That's the kind of stupid that Trump and his supporters are engaged in with this topic.

Nobody on this earth thinks that the Covid 19 outbreak does NOT deserve proper investigation. However articles like this one are purposefully elevated to create the exact same fever dream conspiracy theory I noted above. This does NOT get discussed in the context of solutions... only in political weaponization on the right to try and give cover to Trump's massive failure. That's the problem here with this discussion on Covid origins.

TheFreak and jiggyfly like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How embarrassingly starved for attention can one person be.

Just stop already.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

So there’s proof there’s a lab in Wuhan that handles viruses

Remember in planet of the apes there was a virus that killed dogs and cats so humans got apes to be pets

19. adoo

adoo Member

too, Lawrence Livermore National Lab in N Cal does bio-warfare research, https://www.ph.ucla.edu/epi/bioter/walnutcreekbiowarfare.html

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jesus H. Christ, my eyes are bleeding just from reading this tripe of a thread. I'm out.

dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.