1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chinese Virologist post report claiming virus made in Wuhan lab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 15, 2020.

?

Is she lying

1. Yes - Hired by mtv for new show loose women chicks on the run

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No - she’s really Chinese and she knows secrets

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s not right
    He’s center

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes.

This is the D&D. I will never voluntarily surrender an opportunity to say "I was right" .

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great job Yolo.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

if you have to tell the Tmac fans he never led any teams out of the first round, keep doing so
    there's no expiration for being right

Os Trigonum and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

1) Contain the virus

2) Investigate the origin of the virus

3) The world needs to hold China accountable. If it was due to their meat market and unsanitary practices, they need to address that. If it was released from the lab, they need to be held accountable for the damage and death they have caused across the world. Either way, they have questions to answer.

#305 Zboy, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Invisible Fan, mikol13, basso and 2 others like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The more I look into this the more I realize how little actual data we have about the origins of this virus. So the only consensus I’ve reached is that investigation is imperative.

Again... based on the data available anyone who is absolute about what happens by the very nature throws their credibility into question.

I fail to see motive above all as well. That’s the one question that lab leak believers are doing a poor job articulating. We need to get to the bottom of this but we also need to form better thoughts around the why rather than the how it happened.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying the media's obsession with Trump prevented them from doing their job. and I believe Trump is a buffoon, but not a racist.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why is developing a bioweapon racist? certainly the lab could have been working on such a thing, and it could have leaked by accident.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Uhhhh this is exactly what many people have been saying for well over a year now.

The lunatics on the right have been suggesting grand conspiracies and those on the left are labeling anyone who attempts to diverge from their narrative as alt right racist.

The adults in the room who have tried to have open discussions were quickly silenced by the lunatics on the left. The running narrative from those who are not brainwashed by their teams propaganda machines has always been an accidental leak from the Wuhan lab...which the original specimen was brought in from a remote mining village.

The whole wet market narrative was propagated from the movie contagien. It has been explained by the adults in the room why this is not likely the case, although plausible.

It is also plausible it could have been intentionally leaked, although there is no evidence.

It is also plausible the virus could have been rapidly forced evolved by giving it the the optimal environment in a lab, regardless of intention.

For now, we should focus on continuing to contain the virus while we get the economy back on track. Then the children can go back to their political blame game narratives.

All I will say for certain is the children who were responsible for handling this pandemic did it very poorly.

10. dmoneybangbang

I don’t disagree about the media, as SOME of them let that get in the the way.

Best case scenario, Trump just used racism in order to get support. But then again, what type of person gets into bed with white supremacists.

11. dmoneybangbang

I think Trump’s China stance is “nationalist”, but the man is a racist.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The suggestion that China released intentionally is in fact right wing propaganda and racist.

I recall the lab leak discussion was not ruled out by anyone on here. It was the idea it was man made or intentionally leaked that was dismissed. Moving goal posts.

No Worries and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

But you will voluntarily surrender the opportunities to say, "I was wrong."

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not referencing anyone on here.

Simply because a very small minority suggested it was man made or weaponized (ie: intentionally released) shouldn't be the 'goal post'. It has been a very nuanced conversation, so therefore goal posts can't be set for every multiverse theory.

Joe Rogan and others had very public discussions about the multiple possibilities of the origins which led the leftist children raining down racial alt right allegations.

TheresTheDagger, basso and tinman like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers know that the CENTER is the best position

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't recall anyone denying the possibility it leaked from a lab, just saying it was unlikely which it still is. What isn't happening was it was released intentionally or it was manmade. I didn't track the media so there might have been some who jumped on the lab leak theory as being xenophobic but I didn't see it.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The media denied it so thoroughly that they wouldn't even let people discuss it as a possibility.

basso, Space Ghost and J.R. like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow, this place means that much to your self esteem?

as well as the people who agreed with you?

Not a good look people.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So Fox OAN Newsmax and others are not the Media?

They sure discussed it plenty and so did other Media outlets but you probably only see them through your primary news source.