1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese fans are overwhelmed with pride in this Rockes team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munir Ming, May 16, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thank you China for the support! I agree with the OP, this team is special and I feel down the line...maybe as soon as next season we will be legit contenders.

As for 2morrow... though i'd find a Chinese Proverb

An ant may well destroy a whole dam.

Aaron Brooks...Doin' Work! :p

2. choujie

choujie Member

It's clear that YOFs are not only rooting for Yao.

3. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

4. mbahuang

mbahuang New Member

Count on me......3:30AM :rolleyes:

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

no doubt great great post

6. j-young

j-young Member

lol I bet you 1000 dollars that's a false statement if Yao didn't come to Houston in the first place.
    the mass majority of chinese started watching our games AFTER we've got your national god and i know that for a fact. I did a fair amount of research on NBA's global audience base and game ratings for my media literacy & communication class, don't wanna through the numbers around but before Yao came into the league China didn't even have the most NBA audiences in Asia, plus, before Yao, the most watched games among asian countries like China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea, by popularity, were : Bulls, Lakers, Heats, Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Hawks, Mavs, Pistons and Rockets.
    no offense to all chinese fans i'd love their support i'm just saying this rockets team wouldn't be nearly as popular in china as they are today without Yao.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Then bring out the party favors uhhhh woops did I say that out loud :eek:

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Of course the rockets team would be nowhere as popular in China as they are now if Yao didn't come but I think the point was that in the beginning the only reason they followed the Rockets team was because of Yao but now they follow the Rockets team for many different reasons and not just because of Yao

9. j-young

j-young Member

you are so right on this one, we can never have too many fans, game 7 baby we'll do it!

10. greatmansion

greatmansion Member

I saw a movie "glory road" on TNT sereral days ago,it taught me that we are able to get along well with each other no matter what your color is,who you are, where you are from. Sometimes,I stubbornly hold the view that Sino-US relation is decided by politics and culture. The fact, however,is that sports stars(You know,Lebron,Kobe,Yao,who enjoy a great popularity in both countries)are much more powerful to put us together.
    Just as Mr Obama said, our stores are singular,but our destiny is shared.No matter what the outcome will be tomrrow,we appreciate the way you played.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

3:30 pm ET is peeeeeeeeerfect for me! It means that its about 7PM here in Bruxelles. Just great for me :D

12. fatty carl

fatty carl New Member

GO GO Rockets!!!!!!!
    we are really really proud of uuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

-----best wishes from SHanghai

13. BlakeBroussard

Yeah, I def. think that's true. I remember hearing somewhere awhile back, that Shane Battier was beloved by many Chinese basketball fans, and of course, I know for certain Chinese Rockets fans love T-mac.

It's only natural that most Chinese fans initially watching the Rockets only to see Yao Ming would develop interest in other Rockets players and the trials and tribulations of the team as a whole. Frankly, I think there are two things that determines the team/s we choose to follow; we either choose the team closest to where we live, or we begin following a team because the player/players it has happens to be our favorite. For those of us who begin following a team because of a player or players, we often remain team fans long after our favorite player/s have left because of the dedication and memories we have connected to the the team. Surely Chinese fans are no different...

I'm not sure how many Chinese Rockets fans will remain Rockets fans after Yao ming departs H-town, but I'm glad so many people in China currently support our team, and it makes me happy to know that the Chinese fans have so much pride in Houston. The Chinese people are great allies to have, in basketball and in a more traditional sense, and I hope our two great nations can grow to an unprecidented level of closeness and friendship in the next several years.

14. justcome

justcome Member

I couldn't help but laugh when I overheard one of my officemates wining about his Lakers kept losing to Yao-less Rockets after game 6. I am so proud of this Rockets team!

I will have to go to my best friend's commencement this afternoon, but I will bring a handheld TV with me. haha

Go Rockets! Beat LA!

15. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I'll get up 3:30 am to watch this game. I believe the Rockets will shock the world. BEAT LA. Let's Go Rockets!

16. script

script New Member

WOW !

I am a chinese and living in australia. I will watching the game with my colleague who is from houston. and after that we directly go to the hospital and get two medical certifate for one day off.

my dear boss,

call someone to finish the fXXking code and test that stupid system for u.

We will sick tomorrow...

if our rocket win this game, we will sick again and again in next couple of weeks.

GO ROCKET!!!!
    :cool: :D

17. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

:D I will watch it too in my dorm,that's exactly why chinese fans are pretty crazy and loyal to what we care about.This is called MARKETING! :D

18. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

What you mentioned is true,but the fact is not simple.lakers vs Rockets . the CCTV showed the Support rate is lakers 20% Rockets 80% ,for me ,I ONLY wacth the rockets's game of the NBA. I like yao.but in NBA, I also like KOBE ,I judged KOBE is the most telent player in the NBA the time when YAO Came to NBA.

19. valentines

valentines New Member

I am from China,and will definitey be there to witness this glorious victory.
    I am be there with you,all of the Rockets fans,no matter where you come from.
    Actually,the reason why I used to be crazy about Rockets mainly lies in the connection with Yao,however,I recognise it that I have built myself as a genuine Rockets fan,who will never leave despite that a star like T-Mac could be not able to be on the floor.so is with Yao.
    I really fascinated with current Rockets without Yao,T-mac,but,who cheer me up siganificantly.
    It tells me lesson that one can't yeild to the fate,but fight bravely with all of what you have.

20. Mayway

Mayway Member

I must sleep now, and will wake up at 3:25am.

GO,ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!