1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese fans are overwhelmed with pride in this Rockes team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munir Ming, May 16, 2009.

1. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

I noticed we don't hear any of that YOF crap. I'm glad we have moved on.

2. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Munir Ming - thanks for writing this! It's good to know that we'll have the Rockets faithful out at 3:30 AM across the world for Game 7!

In my line of work I deal with many Chinese nationals and I have gotten to see just how fired up they are about this Rockets team and these playoffs. Houston & China already share many economic ties which are only going to grow stronger over the coming years with major developments in the works for the Port of Houston, TOPS and the expanded Panama Canal. There is no doubt that we share economic ties, but like with so many other situations, sports helps people to share common social ties.

One of the crews of a vessel that we do a lot of business with has tried, in vain, to teach me how to say things like "Go Rockets" in Chinese...and apparantly my accent is bad enough to give everyone a good laugh! It's all good, tho - we're just fans having a good time and enjoying a spectacular playoff run. Go Rockets!

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A lot of Chinese fans aren't just Yao Ming fans. China doesn't have a tradition of basketball like in the US, but they have played it for years and have followed the NBA way before Yao came on the scene.
    I'm very happy to see the increasing support from not only China, but around the globe. We can see a microcosm of it right here on Clutchfans.

4. dudnaito

dudnaito Member

4:30 in Seoul... :(

5. ibm

ibm Member

whoa, quality thread.

6. shikamaru0715

shikamaru0715 Member

3:30am is ok. I live in the UK. most of rockets game are around this time.
    wish oneday i can go to the toyota centre in houston.

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

yeah me too

although the time diffrence here in brazil is alright ......... instead of 3:30 pm it will start 4:30pm

8. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

3:30 AM :eek: Good news

I will be up all night to watch CCTV baby.

Go Rockets !!

9. singaporet-mac

DAMN I m frm singapore and its 3.30 too i got sch!

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are so lucky to have an entire nation root for our Rockets. The Rockets really is China's team as much as it's Houston's team.

11. Lakecharles

Lakecharles Member

Great post. Basketball, like music and Olympics, can truly transcend race, nationality and culture, and elevate human spirit to another level.

Every basketball fan, I mean every, must be applauding what the Rockets have done for them, for the world and for humanity. The resilience and the never-give-up spirit. They showed us life is worth living and civilization is worth moving on.

And tomorrow, game 7. We need to continue to win with humility and lose with dignity. Whatever happens, remember the Rockets have won over the heart of the whole world and made every human spirit proud.

12. Chinesexiaohai

顶楼主,哈哈,周一早上一定要3:30AM起来看球的,火箭加油!!!
    不管结果如何,火箭这个赛季已经给我们带来太多太多啦!!!!

13. Cav000

Cav000 Member

Yao is a bridge b/w China and Houston city , really close relationship honestly.
    lots of chinese fan see Houston their oun ciry though thousands miles away, u houston sitizen might not have known.
    22 win in row i've(many of us have) watched, the game we won L.A. was at very early morning as well.
    tell overseas Rox fan a statics: at the begining of this series, supporters of L.A. and Houston is about half to half. but with the serise going,in Game6, 73% support Rockets while 27% L.A. fans , shown on China Centeral TV .
    in Chinese culture, brave,strong(not afraid of strong), corperation ,patience,unremitting ....are highly praised..all these have shown from this team. it makes us much closer.

remember G4 , started on 3:30 am in China, and we won the game.
    this time , also 3:30am as well.....
    what will happen to our trully chinese houston fan~~~
    earlly game wont let us down .. ;)

14. sbin

sbin Member

I will get up 3:30 AM Beijing time to watch the game. BTW, I am live in Canada, I will take a snap before the game

国内的同胞,幸苦了

15. Cav000

Cav000 Member

顶的楼主看不懂啊,哈哈。3:30一起起来看啊。这个论坛不错,支持中文字体 :p

16. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

awesome thread..quality unity

17. Chinesexiaohai

貌似楼主也是国内的吧,哥们儿是哪里人啊?

18. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

American know Chinese a little and Chinese know Amecan more ,the fact is the people of the two nations thinking way is similar compare with other nations in the world.certainly,we also have diference and I don't want to mention here.

19. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

HI! Chinese or Korean?
    안녕,중국사람 인깔요? 아니면 한국사람 인깔요?

20. zookeeper

zookeeper New Member

火箭加油!誓灭湖人!
    Go Rocket! Beat LA!