1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

China threatens to nuke Japan over Taiwan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

malakas and mikol13 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So am I supposed to feel some kind of way because it was aired on msn?

It seems all news channels should have reported on this.

edwardc and malakas like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or China will unleash mutant pangolins with bat wings

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No one wants Japan to arm themselves. Prob not even the Japanese except for some old cons waiting to bury their bones in that sacred war shrine full of rapists and thieves.

They've been weaning off nuclear but the know-how to make bombs is fresh enough to do it within half a year.

Deckard likes this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

China is getting a little too big for their britches. The world caves to them because of their economic impact but at some point the world is going to have to check them.

#5 tmoney1101, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Yung-T and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The ******* seems eager to convince Japan that the only way the country can survive Xi's ego driven lunacy is to arm itself with nuclear weapons. As @Invisible Fan accurately points out, they could create them in 6 months. Sophisticated ones that they could easily put on missiles. If that's what Xi wants, he's a ****ing madman.

Yung-T and AleksandarN like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Shanghai is a little too close to Japan to "continuously nuke it" ain't it?

rockbox likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Okay CCP.

Release nuclear weapons or attempt to breach Japan and see what happens when the USA responds.

Ever since the USA has become the unquestioned world power after WWII, the USA has been waiting for an opportunity to completely unload on a nation that is a true threat… I am not talking about dangling it’s dick in Korea or Vietnam… but a full out, complete attention strike against another large hostile nation.

China needs to be careful because Europe and South Korea will fall in line behind the USA against a hostile China.

No one would win in such a scenario, but China would lose and the CCP would be a footnote in history.

9. adoo

adoo Member

you mean Taiwan, no?

10. adoo

adoo Member

yip;

China will let economics run its course, to where Taiwan will reap the most economic benefits thru re-unification

i believe that there are
    • Taiwanese retirees---collecting their pension---living in China.
    • young / mid mgmt Taiwanese business folks are finding more opportunities available to them in China
      • i have an acquaintance who had been some VP w Costco working outta Taiwan; now he has been relocated to the mainland

#10 adoo, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think this is incredibly naive take.

If even one nuke goes off, it will set off a chain counter strikes and the world will most assuredly be destroyed.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Which is why China will not release nuclear weapons against Japan.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Cheap crap can be produced in Africa just as easy. I know that China is in line to be the predominant world power but if they nuked Japan they would be decimated because all of Europe along with the US would rally together to respond and I don’t think anyone would come to their aid. I think Xi would bank on Putin and Kim Jung but I think deals could be made to lift sanctions if they stood down or even joined with the rest of the world in their response.

China is powerful but they aren’t as powerful as literally the rest of the world. Xi should know this better and it shows he might be starting to lose it drunk on his own power.

tmoney1101, Nook and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The time to that was years ago...I wish we could completely decouple our economy from theirs. It was stupid to get in bed with a communist country in the first place...thanks Nixon!

tmoney1101 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if China wanted to do some real damage they should unleash a whole bunch of steak tartare on Japan

tmoney1101 and Nook like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is more irresponsible bluster from the Xi regime for domestic consumption. The PRC knows use of nukes especially against a country that has a defense treaty with the US will lead to their own destruction.

edwardc, Yung-T and Nook like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

China should worry less about launching nukes and focus more on sending their private citizens to space on tourist trips.

JuanValdez, ElPigto, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That good ole all American soft power...

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

American power is thicc, solid, tight -- rocket hard.

ElPigto, Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

That is the point though........ the CCP won't unleash nuclear weapon attacks on Japan or anyone else. They also know that the USA and the West are fat and wealthy and largely lack the appetite for a large scale war. The only exception for the West would be....... an invasion of a country like Japan or a nuclear attack, at which point all hell would break loose.