1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China makes statement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MysticRyder, May 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

China has announced that they will not give up there rights to call Ming back for any reason at any time.:mad:

2. Sane

Sane Member

This is very good news.

Do you have a link/source?

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

This is enough of a deal braeker for me. Trade Ming.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5. lovethisgametoo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    China has announced that they will not give up there rights to call Ming back for any reason at any time.

This has no credit without you giving us the source -- I can read Chinese so give us the original source!!!!!

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Sane, please re-read the statement.

7. Sane

Sane Member

LOL, u get the point!

Good News if it's true!

8. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Ckeck the Chronicle article on him in the Rockets section.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Even if you are a proponent of trading Ming, this only damages our negotiating position to secure the best trade possible. This is a losing proposition for the Pro-Mings AND the anti-Mings.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So, nobody reported this until 2:34 pm eventhough it was in the Houston Chronicle? I think you must have been reading too much into the article.

11. lovethisgametoo

China has announced that they will not give up there rights to call Ming back for any reason at any time.

I think somewhat we exagerate the possible harm this may bring to Rockets even if it is true, given Rockets draft and keep him. Because as far as I know ( I am a Chinese basket ball fan) there are very few times that China need to call him back, including Olympic Games (every four years), world championship games (every 4 years, including the August in INdiana), and (possibly) Asian Sports Game (every four years). Not much at all. Also note that these calling-backs just happen during off-season, and they call him back for drill/practice which will not hinder his development that much.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's not anything we haven't heard before. I thought you were talking about a definitive Chinese Government statement. Everything is still up for negotiation.

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is how misinformation spreads.

This is nothing new. He's referring to the article I posted 2 days ago, that appeared in yesterday's paper, and I'd assume he's referring to this remark from Feigen, not China:

"It is clear they will not entirely give up the right to call Yao home for any reason at any time."

That's NOT a quote from China. And it also does not say that China will not give up its rights to call Ming back at any time-more likely, China will want Ming to be able to play for their national team, and such.

All things are negotiable. China has not said anything set in stone, yet.

We don't have to sign a contract that allows them to call Ming back.

14. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Come on. Why haven't I read this elsewhere? Wouldn't you think something of this significance would have been covered more extensively?

15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Somebody please kill this thread. Blatant misinformation is no good. We'll start a new one once China actually makes a statement.

16. hpscc

hpscc Member

-QUOTE-
    It is clear they will not entirely give up the right to call Yao home for any reason at any time. Yao will spend this summer training for the Aug. 22 to Sept. 9 World Championships in Indianapolis. He will play in the Asian Games in South Korea from Sept. 29 to Oct. 14, keeping him from training camp and much of the preseason.
    -QUOTE-
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/rox/1426493

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

hpscc,

As has been pointed out Ad Nauseum -China did not make that announcement, some newspaper writers have that opinion.

Uh, we knew that the 1st day. It was in a ton of articles including the chron day one.

Here is what 'MysticRumor' stated/mis-stated in the thread

'China has announced that they will not give up there rights to call Ming back for any reason at any time.'

They didn't announce anything, when they do - then its newsworthy.

They may very well make that announcement at some point, or they may come to an agreement with the NBA and the Rockets or whatever, we just dont know.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

on top of china not making a statement, the reporters are giving out old, possibly false news.