1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China-Georgetown Brawl

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RV6, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cuddie

cuddie Member

Really showcasing that quality DeVry education I see.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

That was awesome. Why was no nun chucks involved? Go back to that pissy place you call georgetown and dont come back.

3. Mr. Space City

a bunch of grown men from the army with help from fans in the stands throwing chairs and bottles fighting a bunch of college kids should have quite the advantage.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Little boys ain't ready to be men yet.. Just think of this as the Chinese version of 'Scared Straight.'

5. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

So, it's now okay to overcompensate for the "soft" rep? By throwing punches and chairs rather than playing physical but clean? Please.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Aside from that sissy that kept running throughout the video until he finally got the beatdown that he deserved at the :22 mark, the Hoyas handled themselves pretty well. The guy who kept running away deserved every bit of that beatdown he got. Why would you run when you have your whole team backing you up?

7. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

College kids my ass. They were thugs from the ghetto.

8. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

Georgetown players drew the first blood

Following is what Wang Lei of the Bayi Rockets posted on his personal microblog on sina.com weibo.

Looks like those kids from Georgetown University were the ones that drew the first blood.

You don't piss on others' territories with insulting acts like extending your middle finger after you fouled or tripped the other players with a malice to try to injure the others.

Wang Lei of Bayi Rockets wrote:

我想对有些中国人说如果有人去你们家欺负你你们会怎么办?可能你们还会拿它们当客人吧!但是我做不到。它们昨天在球场上所做的事已经严重的违反了体育道德明摆着就是欺负人做了那么多的伤人动作还笑还庆祝还对观众伸中指~我们真的是忍不了了!好吧事情过去就过去吧!你们继续拿流氓当客人吧~~~~

Translation

I want to ask some of our Chinese fellows what you will do if someone tries to bully you at home? Maybe you still try to treat them like guests! But I just can't. What they had done on the court last night were serious breach of ethics in sport, and it was so obvious that they wanted to bully us; they did a lot of malicious moves to try to injure us, yet they laughed, they celebrated and even gave their middle fingers to us and the audience. We just can't tolerate this. Well, let bygones be bygones! And you can continue to treat these rogues as guests !!!

9. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Man they are serious about the US paying them back on all that money we owe them.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The pack mentality of the Chinese players reminded me of this old brawl..
    <iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jWWC_ozN7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Mr. Space City

you're a racist idiot

i can't believe this site allows posters like this to post on this forum.

12. Mr. Space City

msglength

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

A brawl between 2 teams just become a racist thread because of the teams involve.

If its a brawl between 2 NBA teams ala detroit pistons. We will just point fingers at the players/fans not the team/race/country/believes etc.

So what make this fight so different?

I did not watch the game, so I will not comment on it. But for those that post with racist malicious should think twice before they post.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're a thug on a keyboard.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

From replay and witnesses, the Chinese team actually was playing physical and clean. A Georgetown player threw the first punch.

16. Mr. Space City

a report from someone who was there said the chinese players where playing dirty the entire game. one chinese player fouled him hard, then a Georgetown player took a swing that didn't land, then chinese players jumped him from behind that caused the benches to clear.

you would still think that grown men, much less grown men playing professional basketball, much less grown men from the army would show better judgment.

i couldn't even imagine the backlash if an NBA team, invited a bunch of amateur athletes from another country to play in an exhibition game that resulted in nba players fighting a bunch of 18 year olds.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I doubt he was even able to graduate Devry. The guy likes to hate on every single culture. Must be all that hair gel seeping into the brain.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I blame the Chinese coach for showing the team a screening of "Above the Rim" before the game.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bJkurQfolUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

No, Georgetown players were playing dirty the whole entire game. The Chinese gave them a taste of their own medicine and those wannabe ghetto foolios from Georgetown can't take the heat and wussed out, then took a swing. It was Georgetown's fault and they got whooped on for it.

20. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

There's a significant proportion (not a majority) of Chinese people that are extremely racist and ethnocentric, given our generally homogenous demographics, and you're doing a fabulous job representing that population.