1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[China conflict] Australia inks largest submarine deal in major blow to China

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Mar 14, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

This is the biggest development in indo pacific in decades. We've NEVER had a foreign nation invest billions in our manufacturing capacity. We've never SOLD our subs outright to another country. This is a BIG EFFIN Deal

In the past 2 years:

Gain access to Philippines airbase
    Japan has increased their military budget to most it's been since ww2
    Give taiwan record breaking financial aid including new tomahawk and anti ship missles
    Sold subs to Australia
    Introduce new B21 stealth bombers to deter China.

Biden has taken trumps vague China threats and actually put then in action

Andre0087 and VooDooPope like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Don't forget the economical pressure he's put on them, most importantly the restriction of advanced chips AND getting every one of our allies to agree to it.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah but making Australia a hub for submarines is a HUGE deal. This pretty much ties Australia to America and they're willingness to join us in a conflict with China. Being able to use Australian air bases for our b21s is a Huge huge deal.

I don't think people realize how badly China is suffering right now.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

What a breath of fresh air to have a competent president after the Drumpster years.

deb4rockets, adoo and astros123 like this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

The sad thing is that his supporters are brainwashed into thinking he was super tough on China. I give him credit that he changed the discussion on China but he never delivered anything. Fraud

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I can't wait to see these puppies wrecking some china metal.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

You always cry how we're helping every other country out there while nobody is helping us. Arent you happy that Biden got Aussies to pay for upgrades? The aussies are spending billions in upgrading our shipyards and expanding capacity and strengthen supply chains..

This is the single largest investment into our military infrastructure by a foreign government ever.

Xerobull likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I don't mean to rain on your political parade, but to keep this in perspective, the US debt goes up ~2.2 billion every 24 hours.

To answer your question - if you offered me 24 hours of wages for free, sure, I'll take it. Ain't getting rich, but it's better than nothing, especially if you amortize it over 5 years.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Why are you so disingenuous like seriously? You're an educated person yet you troll just to troll.