1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I feel sick and like I had a terrible greasy meal with chick fil a. It’s probably the most unhealthy

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to go to Zaxby’s

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I get the grilled chicken club and feel it's much lighter than any other fast food restaurant.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never been. Honestly I rarely go to chain restaurants. CFA is usually just the healthiest option and surprisingly tastes good. Best wings are usually from some random shack.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I had Zaxby’s signature sandwich tonight for supper and supposedly the spicy one and there was no comparison - I love me some Zaxby’s (club sandwich, kickin chicken sandwich, their zax sauce, etc) but their sandwich just cannot hold up against Popeyes. Has anyone eaten Bojangles chicken sandwich?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

All fast food would apply here.

Two Sandwiches and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A Zaxby's opened not too far from me several years ago and I tried it. I don't even remember it. lol. I remember saying it was ok but nothing great, I think. One of my friends recommended it to me. Apparently I didn't think it was amazing. That person also recommended Slim Chickens to me because she used to eat them back in Arkansas. Again... it was "ok, but nothing great". A lot of these places taste like the same chicken, it's just their sauce is different. I put Raising Cane's in that category, too. "ok, but nothing great". And that sauce is like saltwater with some flavoring. Blech.

There's are 2 Bojangles supposedly opening not far from me. One is basically down the street. Again recommended by another friend. I don't have high hopes, but if it's really "cajun", I'm hoping for some flavor, at least. lol.

8. Buck Turgidson

Seasoning to your personal taste and then frying chicken is literally one of the easiest things you can do in a kitchen.

I have no sympathy for anyone who eats mediocre bird.

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. About the only thing easier that I really don't need to go to a restaurant for is something like fried catfish. And ok, maybe a steak. I also think a lot of mom & pop places have better food than these chains.

10. Buck Turgidson

Huh? It's so easy to **** up fried fish

11. Buck Turgidson

Have you tried Dave's yet? Buddy in SA said it's pretty damn good

https://www.daveshotchicken.com/

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There are a couple of them not too far from me, and it's been on my list for the last 2-3 years, I think, since there're other stores I sometimes go to nearby them, but the only thing I hate about these so-called "Nashville hot chicken" places is they all pretty much just make chicken tenders/chicken sandwiches. I want "fried chicken" when I get Nashville hot chicken - especially since I only eat the stuff 2 or 3 times a year (trying to eat healthier). I may give it a spin soon, but I may try another place that was on my list years ago called Ricky's Hot Chicken that actually looks like it could be good. They actually have fried chicken! There's a Hattie B's in Dallas that I need to try, too. One day....

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Socal CFA runs a promotion for Angels and MLS based on runs or goals scored. Been getting around a sando a week for the past half year.

Angels opening up the wallet to try to keep Ohtani hasn't been good for my gut.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Last two times I went to CFA the chicken was flatter and smaller than I'm used to plus they have gone up on their prices.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

marks0223 likes this.
  16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I still stand by my opinion that the Jack'N'The Box Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich is far superior to either Chick Fil A or Popeyes chicken sandwiches

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I recently had some Popeyes sandwiches again after trying it the first time so long ago. I have to admit that I like it better now. The batter is nicely savory like their mild chicken, but plenty flaky and crispy while not being overbattered. The chicken size is really generous. Spicy mayo sauce is okay, it's enough to give a little flavor, although I wish they'd use the spicy chicken batter instead of the spicy mayo.

For fast food, it's a really good chicken sandwich. I'd put it on par with Chick Fil-A. Chick Fil-A's sandwich is smaller, the taste is a little better and juicier.

The other chains are fairly generic and taste way too similar to me. They're not bad, but they don't stand out. I bought some of HEB's spicy chicken sandwich fillets (https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-fully-cooked-spicy-breaded-chicken-breast-fillets/5793043) recently, part of a coupon deal, and it's about the same with the other chains. Of course, the fast food restaurants can deep fry it to taste better than the air fryer I use.

My favorite is probably still T22's Nashville hot chicken sandwich, but restaurants are in a different tier than fast food.

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

It seems that way with all fast food, I went to Wendy`s last week and the #1 which is just the single was over $10

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

20. i3artow i3aller