1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Tribune: Mcgrady unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Becuase it shows a guy's impact to his team. And again, if you want to see his impact when he IS playing, look t their record with T-Mac since he arrived...63% winning %, and this year they are 5 games over .500 when he starts and finishes the game.

2. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

this blog scares me cuz

i really dont wanna get rid of tmac

i think it was misinterpreted because im pretty sure tmac doesnt want to get traded at the moment.

and if he said that he wanted out of houston, im sure it wouldve been on espn along time ago because nobody heard that

3. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

theres no way t-mac said he is unhappy in houston.

no way!!!

4. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! trade tmac i love this idea hinrich nocioni and maybe thomas for tmac and mike james...do it!!! morey get er done, ill be a rocket fan again...this just made my day hearin tmac bn traded, way to start 2008

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I hope Tmac does force his way out. I don't think he fits our offensive scheme, and I don't think he has what it takes to go far. Dealing him would net us multiple + players - I'm all for it. Unfortunately, I don't think it gets done unless he does indeed force his way out. I posted this in another thread, but here's my dream:

Ty Thomas
    Deng
    B. Wallace

for

Tmac
    ---------

Deng would be a better player than TMac in our offensive scheme, Thomas would give us a legit PF who can defend and score, and Wallace just matches salaries.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good Lord. I can't believe I actually read this. It's now officially time to start drinking for New Years, and for you damn Tmac haters. Trading T-mac for these combinations which are being pulled out of a culo is like trading Tom Brady for Jay Cutler. Yao and Tracy are the Brady, and you want a bunch of Cutlers like Wallace and Nocioni to run a team. It won't work. It's a stretch of a comparison, but you get the idea.

Now, if the Clips wanna give up a combination of Corey, Cuttino and Tim Thomas, I might be interested. But we'll never see equal value for Tracy.

Cod

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Are you honestly going to comare Tracy "I've never been out of the first round" McGrady to Tom "How many championships do I want to win?" Brady?

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Yeah, like I said, a very imaginative comparison. :D Still, if we are going to actually trade Tracy, there has to be better value than the combinations being thrown out there.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Of course the most important part of the article in the OP was left out:

10. ThaBlackKnight

If Tmac is unhappy, that doesn't really surprise me. I love the guy's basketball game, and his skill level is so unique, but when it comes down to it, its almost insulting to him that his team is doing better without him in the lineup. Much better.

Most superstars would feel this way simply because they have been told that they are the best ball player on their team for a long time.

Tmac never had a problem deferring to Yao to reach a common goal, a championship. However, I don't think he can be completely ignored by his team, with them doing better. Therefore he would expectedly be unhappy.

Plus, Tmac was very similar to Francis in that, he feels that he needs to dominate the ball to be effective. Francis certainly had to have the ball to be effective, but Tmac doesn't. He can be a GREAT player off the ball in this offense, but he chooses not to. He'd rather have the ball a lot to create on his own. He's not selfish, but he doesn't feel like he can be effective without the ball.

With that being said, Tmac isn't getting any more durable now at 28, he isn't becoming more athletic, and he can't adapt to system where he doesn't dominate the ball. He might be better off on his own where he can control the game in his hands. Some players are just more effective that way. Kobe, Dwade, and Lebron are prime examples of that.

It might be time to trade Tmac and get some good role players back in return and draft picks. Lets hope the Rockets management either gets Tmac happy and buying into the system or trade him and help out both sides.

11. conan-sea

conan-sea Member

What Tmac have done these days is...i have to say ,he truely made me ...disappointed. :(

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I completely agree I'm also unhappy with Tracy being in Houston

13. kwng

kwng Member

The bulls is currently in ICU. It's not surprising they are looking to blow up their team. So why make a trade that with them and ended being at the losing end. I say keep TMac and trade other players except Yao (in fact keep all the starters, just trade the bench players). Hinrich is really playing very poor now and valued similar to bench players and Chicago is looking to dump him. We can trade for bench to get Hinrich or Nocioni so why trade superstar TMac for them. TMac is not happy cause we not playing well now. Say no the Big Ben as his contract is huge and he aging like Shaq.

Tempt the Bulls with Mike James, Synder, others.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why the hell is this idea being propogated amongst supposed "educated" fans of this BBS?

We beat the Grizzlies, and a Raptors team that had a severely off night (unless you think we happened to decide to magically play shut down defense that night... we didn't. We played the same ole defense we have all year, and the Raptors were off enough to actually miss some shots).

We're severely out-matched out there... especially against teams who don't allow Yao to get comfortable/the ball... which will only happen more and more as teams start actually scouting us (as if its neccessary), and realize that the other players aren't good enough, talented enough, or confident enough to take it upon themselves to have a stellar game to lead this team to victory.

And unless you think Bonzi Wells has been as good as an all-star forward in his career, which he hasn't, this team has nobody other than Yao who can dominate/take over a game when it needs to be won.

15. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Oh well, rumors are his job.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Francis and Snyder were out today and I really doubt that TMac is injured. I think their shopping him around quietly which is why he's not playing. This is also the reason why we don't see him on the bench with the team.

I think it will be a package deal involving these three players.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i like pie..!

and yeah hope tmac gets healthy soon..

18. bucket

bucket Member

Yeah, if they trade TMac, they'll probably need to include Francis and Snyder to match salaries with the other team. Oh wait, that doesn't make any sense.

You doubt TMac is injured? Can I borrow your crystal ball, the one that contradicts what everyone could see when TMac tried to play through his injury?

19. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

that's kinda how i felt when you said the following in another thread:

20. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

very well-put.