1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Tribune: Mcgrady unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I have no clue where this reporter got the information and why it wasnt printed in the Chron, but here is what it says.

Smooth-sailing Rockets
    Houston, with Luis Scola coming on, won its first back-to-back set and had at least five players in double figures for the second straight game, both without Tracy McGrady. It's giving the team more reason to move McGrady, who is said to have quietly let it be known he's no longer happy in Houston. With the Rockets still in need of a point guard, you could see them working out a package that includes Hinrich and Andres Nocioni.

Before everyone bashes Tmac to death, remember it hasnt been substantiated at all.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

3. jason2

jason2 Member

I did google that, "http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-071230samsmithnotes,1,4245289.story?coll=cs-home-headlines"

4. jason2

jason2 Member

Cavs-Bulls deal at least piques interest

By Sam Smith
    Tribune pro basketball reporter

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

I want Deng (pipe dream)! I would want a Gordon Hinrich package. Hinrich has been playing like crap this season.

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

7. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Here is a rational explanation

Tmac is not happy with how the team are performing - just like everyone else after our losses

to a writer that wants more people to read his article, this could mean

"tmac is not happy! trade?"

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

The trade might not finalize, but I don't think the author is making something out of nothing.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Uh, this will be a long thread...

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Actually, he is.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If anybody would know, it would be IC2000 or DennisCD. They'll have to pipe in.

12. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

This Sam Smith guy, does he have any credit? Is he a trust worthy source?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd say the suggested trade is purely wishful thinking by this Chicago-based journalist.

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

Well, if the story is true, I think that's national secret :)) and even the two insiders don't have access to. But I am hoping IC2000 and DennisCD could shed some lights on this board. Where are you two when we really need you, don't hide LOL.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Even assuming this random rumor thing has legs, let's pause for a second and think about what this really means:

Kobe Bryant wanted to be traded early this year, Kirilenko wanted to be traded (and maybe still does), Shawn Marion b****es about being traded damn near every year.. even Hakeem wanted to be traded before the Rockets won it all.

Star players being unhappy and talking about a trade have happened A LOT more often than the same star players actually being traded. It's not easy to find real star talent, let along superstar talent, in this league. Thus, teams usually find some way to keep the guy. The only exception generally happens when the team is going into full rebuilding mode (Iverson, Garnett-- after many years and numerous rumors) or the guy's skill have really diminished (Chris Webber) or the team figures their supposed star is a fraud (Stephon Marbury with PHX).

So, my guess is even if TMac is actually unhappy, the Rockets will find a way to keep him happy and keep him around for a while. He game is real, not a fraud like Marbury, he is nowhere near washed up yet and the Rockets are not rebuilding.

If this were last season, I think Van Gundy would have headed to TMac's home yet for a heart-to-heart chat already. That seems to be how that relationship works. I'm not sure if Adelman is the same kind of personality or if these two have the same kind of relationship... but Adelman got through to more than one headcase in the past, there's got to be something there.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is a long time sports writer... my guess is his rumors actually have source. On the other hand, his trade scenarios are mostly speculations and made up stuff. Chicago Bulls fans have laughed at him for years for these made up trades.

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

If there was any way we could get like Duhon and Gordon out of it, I would be all for it...

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah I'm gonna trust a guy that writes for a team that had just as lofty expectations as us but is doing far worse. Not to mention there isn't anything in the chronicle about this...doesn't take a genius to know that TMac as well as everybody else in the organization is unhappy with where the team is, but to suggest he's no longer happy in Houston and wants out is making assumptions at this point...especially since it's not coming directly from his mouth.

Besides if he did want out, he'd be best served to get his ass back on the court and play well...no way the Rockets would look to trade him with his value so low right now.

19. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Now that the Lakers are rolling, and the Kobe to the Bulls rumors are dead, the Chicago writers are now reaching for a new savior.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Exactly. The Bulls were not suppose to be this bad. They need another "big story".