1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Rockets Fans UNITE!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vengeance, Apr 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Any Rockets fans in Chicago? Let's try to get together and watch the game tomorrow!

I don't have anywhere in mind, so the floor is open for suggestions.

#1 Vengeance, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

You forgot to add "Unite!" in your thread title.

3. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

I'm game if it's nearby. I live in the North suburbs. Otherwise, I'm with you all in spirit.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Um. the Rockets are in Houston and the Bulls are in Chicago. I don't think there is a team called the Chicago Rockets and thus I truly doubt they have any fans. :)

5. Vengeance

:D Yeah, I could've worded that better . . .

Fans of the Houston Rockets who live in Chicago?

Chicago-based Rockets fans?

Hmm, so many options . . .

Houston Rockets fans in Chicago UNITE!!!

6. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I assume you're a Luther Head fan. So am I! Go Rockets!

7. Vengeance

Certainly I'm a fan, but not because of any Chicago ties -- I just moved here in July. There are many who speak fondly of Luther up here though, and it would rock to wear a Luther Head jersey :)

Not many Rockets fans in Chi-town, it seems . . .

8. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'm moving to Chicago in August 2007 after I graduate from UT. I'll keep you in mind and maybe we can try to get a group of Rockets fans together for next season!

In the meantime, I better start making some signs for tomorrow's game at the Toyota Center!! :D

9. tron1970

tron1970 Member

It sucks living in Chitown and bein a Rox fan. I've been up here since 87 but have always remained true to the Rox. A few of my employees are friends with Luther so they are cheering for the Rockets because of him.
    i live in the western burbs if any fans wanna watch the game let me know.

10. s land balla

Is it easy to catch Rockets regular season games at a sports bar (with sound) or should I just go ahead and invest in NBA League Pass as soon as I move to Chicago?

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

it sucks being a Houston fan in Chicago.. esp after the world series... I moved up here from Houston a couple years ago.. but have been watching the Rockets since they drafted Ralph.

12. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

One more Rox fan, I live in the northwest suburbs.

13. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

South Side represent.
    University of Chicago baby!
    We're watching it in my dorm on the plasma tv tonight...so if any of you wanna stop by....

14. Vengeance

I guess that all things considered, this is what I dislike the most about Chicago -- there are enough of us to get together, but we all appear to live far enough apart that it will be a real pain. It takes forever to get anywhere in this city. I live in Oak Park. I'd invite everyone over, but my apartment is a mess.

tron1970 - you are right on. It does suck being a fan of any other team than Chicago teams up here. It's especially bad for baseball, since everyone's world revolves around the Cubs, and sometimes the Sox.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You know you miss Pittsburgh ;)

16. Vengeance

I do, man! In Pittsburgh (except during rush hour), you can get pretty much anywhere in 15 minutes. Maybe a bit longer in some cases. One of the partners in my firm moved from Pittsburgh to Chicago a few years ago. He was talking about how in Chicago, if you want to leave work early to go golfing, you have to block out more than half of the day, because you're gonna spend a lot of your time in traffic. In Pittsburgh, you could pick up and go at any time.

17. s land balla

Where are you guys watching Game 1 tomorrow?

18. Zeeshan

Zeeshan Contributing Member

I'm in Chicago, moved here in November, and I consider myself a die hard fan!

Unfortunately I am not in Chicago this weekend, but in Houston! so Ill get to see game 1 here. Let me know if you guys want to plan something for Game 2 Monday.

19. s land balla

Nice, I moved to Chicago in August from Austin (UT grad), but I'm from Houston. What part of the city you stay at? I'm in Wicker Park just off Milwaukee Ave.

20. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Damn Vengeance....I wish you would have posted this yesterday!

My wife left for Chicago today and will not be back until Monday. I could have been there for games 1 and 2. Maybe next weekend for me...(depends on my crazy schedule)

For all of you interested in going to the Rockets vs Bulls next season please send me an email. I am trying to get a large group together so that we can go and represent. Read my signature for details. Oh and the list is not updated I think I have a few emails saved of people that are interested.