1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There is as much economic segregation between rural and urban as there is inner-city and suburban - yet, rural areas experience far less violence than the inner-city areas Chicago or Detroit.

So, no - we can't throw them in there, too.

Trying to solve Chicago or any other city's current violent-crime problems at the national level is misdirected, and Trump would be remiss to continue any further.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, I guess that's one way to look at it.

If Trump actually turned it around though it would be something that not even Obama accomplished. It would be a huge talking point for him and would actually probably make more black people in that area conservative.

To just ignore the problem though seems silly, you are the president of the country, you shouldn't pick and choose which Americans you want to help.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Haven't read thread

Black people do need to focus more on internal problems

Ferguson is a 66% black town

Black on black on black crime represents more problems then violence

How can you ignore black on black violence and call yourselves black lives matter

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because, there are already organizations for combating gang violence? Probably about 50 of them in every city that has a problem with it lol.

5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    This is the real Chicago.

Chicago is a toilet.

Chicago has serious racial and economic problems that few major cities have.

Fun to go downtown and see the museum district, Gold Coast and Lake Shore drive over a weekend... once. Beyond that, pretty much not worth anything.

I spend over 6 months a year here in Chicago and have for a decade.

The city is dirty and run down.

It is a mixture of segregated whites trying hard to keep the poor blacks and Mexicans away and a city rotting from the inside with serious long term financial issues and the highest tax rate in the country.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Not taking a position on BLM and black on black crime. Simply pointing out that the vast majority of black on black crime isn't gang related.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are working really well in Chicago

Police are not black people's problem
    More whites are killed by police every year

We as blacks can't continue to ignore internal problems

Hispanics have passed us

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because intraracial crime happens far more often than interracial crime across all races, that isn't a black thing.

Chicago and gang violence are outliers though. Chicago gang violence isn't happening in every major city.

I'm not sure how you think BLM would help. Do you think it is a good idea to protest gangs? That's like protesting against Cancer. All you can do is try to improve the situation enough so that kids won't resort to that stuff. Unfortunately, that takes politicians too.

More whites are killed by police because there are more white people.

Internal problems? Black people are not this monolith man, don't fall for that crap. You are not responsible for black people in Chicago. If you raise a good family that's on you and hopefully your children will carry your name proudly. IMO that's the problem right there, black people always thinking that we have to move as one or all be this same group. If you are a black male (and I'm assuming you are?) the best thing you can do is be a good father and support the politicians you think will be best for your family and interests.

I don't like that stuff because gang culture in chicago is not black culture. It is merely gang culture, it is hard to scrape that from a city and it's going to take a lot of local leaders to root that out of there.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

BLM has no purpose that's the point

The government can only do so much. Blacks biggest problem is broken homes

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people ignore senseless murder of children getting shot by stray bullets

Murder like that only happens with us

11. Nook

Nook Member

I never said that that wasn't the case.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This isn't either or.

Again, there are many local organizations that exist. So "Ignore" is incorrect. Stop following that narrative blindly.

Also, senseless murder isn't some thing exclusive to black people.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A black baby got shot in Houston a few weeks ago in the middle of an argument

Show me a white murder like that. Just one

Hell it happened to Dwayne Wade's cousin

No outrage on either

#173 pgabriel, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  14. dmoneybangbang

Yea.... usually cities and more densely populated places have more crime... and they produce more economic output. Chicago as a metro produces over $500 billion in economic output yearly. How much does 9 million people in those rural areas produce? Even the Detroit metro is still very much economically relevant and a big global exporter.

That's what exactly needed. A federal gun policy to where one can't just cross a state line and be in a jurisdiction with different gun laws.
    We need to end the war on drugs which is driving a lot of the violence. The war on drugs is an abject failure and it boggles the mind so many "conservatives" go along with that money pit.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're very off base with this. You can find examples of senseless murder among all groups of people. While it's true that black people commit a ridiculously high percentage of murders in the US, it's a problem that everyone has.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Show me a white baby getting shot in the middle of a random argument

A Hispanic baby

An Asian baby

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What? Do you seriously believe there hasn't been a single white person killed over an argument?

People die over dumb stuff everyday man. I don't know what else to tell you, expecting black people to be outraged over every single one is unrealistic, you want to do that then that's on you. I'll save myself the stress personally.

Sigh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

18. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You should give it up Pgabs, white folks apparently know way more about the issues with black on black violence than black folks do. How dare you come out and say black culture has some issues that need to be addressed...

pgabriel likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I've posted this before.

To me, this says that I, taking on the role of a CEO, don't have to worry about Chicago or Detroit. I can go to India or China or anywhere else in the world to find talent, and bypass any education, economic, or social problems here in the US. The kids in these neighborhoods never had a chance.

And that is exactly why sending in more ATF agents won't do anything to improve the long-term outlook in these areas (Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore).

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too bad I'm black lol.

Your race isn't relevant to the points you are making, I hate crap like that.