1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Draft Camp Summary

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Baqui99, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

From nbatalk.com.....Looks like alot went on over the last week. My boy Maurice Evans will go early-2nd round after a strong showing. Haywood is weak as hell- put up 185 only twice (that's a 45lb and a 25lb on each side)- unbelievable. Anyways, most of these guys are either 2nd rounders or won't be picked at all. Take a look, pretty interesting.

http://204.202.129.224/chicagowrap.html

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Nice to see Alton Ford play well.

Thats really sad for someone like Haywood who cant bench 185. He needs some serious help if he wants to be good in the nba.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Brendan Haywood can't bench 185??? I'm 28, 171 lbs. 5'10" and warm up w/ three sets of 10 w/ 175.

What a *****.

------------------
    girl you looks good won't you mock that draft up?!

4. Beto_Lluvioso

Beto_Lluvioso Member

And the girls swoon........

But seriously folks, if Haywood got into a serious weight program for two years, think how much he could improve.

------------------
    I hate rice and beans!

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

lol!

Beto, the scary thing to me is that the guy graduated from college (21 or 22??). It seems as if he should have been able to grow into his body by now.

And remember, he weighs 270 and only benches 185... (somebody needs to tell this guy to quit doing the girley push-ups).

------------------
    girl you looks good won't you mock that draft up?!

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Fadeaway-
    You are right that it is tougher for longer armed folks to bench, but for a 270 pound athlete to be able to bench 185 only twice I say that is very weak.
    Camby may not be able to do it but Camby is thin, Heywood is not thin. Her is a big man and should be (in theory) a little stronger than that.
    Of course the weight room doesn't make you a basketball player but it makes me somewhat leary of his work ethic. I could be wrong but I would guess that he hasn't been very diligent in his weightlifting sessions. Again lifting may not be the most important thing for a player, but it is a factor.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im 6'4 and weigh 220, my max was 290 months ago back. Now the most I can get is 270. Its not hard for me, but I dont have a greatly long winspan. People who do have long wingspans have it harder. But the thing is that he weighs 270 and he cant even do 185. Thats just pathetic. If you want to see the strongest MOFO in this draft, its all about CISSE. 91 inch wingspan and benches 370.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If I recall correctly, when Shaq came into the league he was only benching around 240 or so. Or at least that's what I recall reading.

------------------
    "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." -- Brian Williams (now Bison Dele) commenting on Isiah Thomas.

9. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

Uh-oh. You've done it now. There is going to be a fight. You know how those little guys are. Napolean syndrome like a MF.

------------------
    "If you don't understand it,
    don't try to understand it."
    -Carl Everett

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Heb,

Stay off the Roids dude, or noise won't be your only problem [​IMG]

Smeg

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Obviously, being the shorty-short-short that you are, you don't realize how much harder it is for us tall, lanky types to bench press. Take Marcus Camby for example. With his long arms and wiry frame, no matter how hard he works, he's going to have a tough time bench pressing a lot of weight. Even a heavy guy like Haywood is going to find it difficult simply because of his long wingspan.

It's all in the genes, sunshine. It's all in the genes.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

[This message has been edited by fadeaway (edited June 11, 2001).]