1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago combine test results...(Simien disappointing)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jun 16, 2005.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

I like Anderson as well, he is a Doberman on defense with good size and can cover the two and the three positions. He is one of the best defenders in the entire draft with the fastest agility time ie. lateral quickness at the combines, pretty impressive for a guy 6'6 220lbs. Also the leading scorer in the Chicago camps. I see him vaulting up in this draft. He should go to a contending team ala Tayshawn Prince, as he could help a team right away.

2. Mango

Mango Member

JayZ750,

The possible scenarios that you project seem good, but until some significant rules changes happen...............the current <i>system</i> will stay in place.

My guess is that things will be quite similar in 2010 to what they currently are
    in 2005.

3. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i hate how much stock people put in these numbers. all these numbers tell you is how good of an athlete you are. yes, you do need some sort of athleticism to play in the NBA but you also need skills and know how to play the game. just because you can jump and run doesn't mean you can hit a 15 footer or play defense. larry bird would have ranked last at a combine like this but he's still one of the greatest players ever. i rather have someone who can play the game than a workout warrior.

4. xiki

xiki Member

Like Boki?

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

after actually seeing boki play extended minutes in New Orleans (considering he rarely played in houston) there is no reason he should have been the #15 pick in the draft. maybe a late first rounder or early 2nd but other than chunk up shots and shoot a very low percentage, he does nothing. what a horrible job the rockets did in drafting him.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I use the Jamma Rankings, draft in this order

1. North Carolina
    2. Highschool top 5
    3. Kansas
    4. Syracuse
    5. Kentucky
    6. Louisville
    7. Duke
    8. Maryland
    8. Michigan St.
    10. Arizona

7. Nero

Nero Member

Stop.. you're giving me that eerie sensation at the back of the neck that says Sean May is going to be our pick, and he is going to be the next Mo Taylor... *shudder*..

Somewhat related question: How would VSpan compare, right now, to any of the rookies in the current draft class? Would he be better, right now, than, say, Jack, or Ukic, or someone like that? Reason I ask is, if the Rox are seriously considering bringing VSpan over this year, then that might mean that they think he is better suited for the team now than any of the potential rookie PGs.. Which would then mean that we could eliminate PG as possible draft targets.. especially if we are also targeting someone like Antonio Daniels as well..

And if they have stated already that they intend to get an experienced PF veteran, that leaves the swingman-type player as the most likely, right? Or possibly another PF to develop behind Juwan/otherVet..

Me, I am really hoping that Diogu lands in our lap, but I suspect he will be long gone.. maybe Villanueva slips to us or something..

(And tha is not even counting the possibility of landing Sarunas Jasikevisius (sp?) as a FA ...

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Member
    Supporting Member

I'm predicting that the Rockets won't pass on Lee if he's there when they pick.

9. giddyup

giddyup Member

I'm thinking that the Rockets should concentrate on getting a #24 pick and an impact FA who play the 2-3 swing positions.

V-Span and Badiane are "comers" (God, I hope so). They play the 1 and the 4. Additionally we have Juwan Howard as a starter and can pick from among Weatherpoon, Baker, Bowen, and Padgett as backups for the next couple of years-- should it take Badiane that long to get strong enough.

We need to get more athletic and, more than anywhere, we need that at the 2-3 positions. Let's take two!

10. xiki

xiki Member

Or...what is the possibility than VS is used as tradebait?