1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Buls STRONGLY considering trading Luol Deng for Lottery Pick!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ObamaFan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

Stupid. Giving up a lottery pick for a semi-above average player. The draft would have to have few good players to consider it.

2. what

what Member

3. what

what Member

Also the above report states that the bobcats are interested in Gay or Harden, but that Harden is the more realistic option.

This is not MY report saying it, it is SI.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

It's actually Hoopsworld, NOT SI.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If they deal Deng, I don't see any reason for them to keep Boozer.

The NBA is creeping towards the NFL territory, in not having any super teams any more. It seems like top 5-8 teams all have some fatal flaw.

Miami: Strong, defensive oriented center who can rebound and get clean up points. Probably a more versatile and consistent scorer off the bench. You might can throw in point guard as well.

OKC: A good to great post player on the front line.

SA: ?????, I'd say more defensive stoppers and another big to compliment an aging Tim Duncan. It's fair to say that most of their best players have seen their best days.

Chicago: #2 scorer and a #3 scorer with one being able to be a good wing defender.

Los Angeles: Versatile small forward, an above average point guard, and a deeper bench.

Boston: Need fresher legs in starting and bench rotations. Probably need a more traditional center (to not put so much KG).

LA Clippers: Need a dynamic scorer and a better bench.

Memphis: A more versatile and unselfish swingman at SF or SG.

Indiana: A bonafide go-to scorer.

6. what

what Member

Actually, go read my post again:

The part where Harden might be the more realistic option was not from hoopsworld, but SI, just like I said.

I never claimed the rumor came from SI, but the harden/gay part.

Between the two options of Harden and Gay, Oklahoma City’s Harden might be more of a realistic option. Both Harden and forward Serge Ibaka will be free agents for the Thunder after the 2012-13 season, and they may not be able to afford to keep both in addition to Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Um, no it's the same hoopsworld that you said wasn't credible a few weeks ago when they reported that the Grizz were trying to dump Rudy for salary reasons.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets don't want to use their cap space on Deng. Why would they want to be at the cap without 1 all-star? If they already had an all-star they would consider it.

I think Martin is more coveted than Deng due to their contracts.

9. what

what Member

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So basically you agree that the rumor is bogus since it's from Hoopsworld and now you think the more credible scenario is that Oklahoma is in hurry to ditch Harden for Gay...that makes a lot of sense, I think OKC really needs a $16 million backup small forward to play when Durant gets into foul trouble like last night.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't want to click the thread but then I saw that you wrote STRONGLY in caps, so I knew it was VERY credible.

12. what

what Member

Has Micheal Jordan come out to dispel the rumor like Micheal Heisley did?

Oh and by the way, for your general information, on the grizzlies board I stated that Heisley probably had entertained offers for Rudy, but THAT admission by me is when I am among other grizzlies fans.

On this board, I probably ain't going to say everything that I might believe about a situation because I am going to DEFEND my team on this board.

Fyi.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

So, have you read your own link yet, what?

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I read the title as the Bull STRONGLY want to get Deng off the books, and a lottery pick would be MORE than enough.

15. cod

cod Member

16. moreyball

moreyball Member

Why would they want to tank to get the next Toney Douglas?? :p

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are the one with reading comprehension issues.

The SI writer was merely speculation on Harden vs. Gay based on the Hoopsworld report/rumor. The SI writer did not independently confirm the report or come up with any info of his own. He just speculated that OKC might be willing to trade Harden because of the salary situation with both him and Ibaka.

The only source of any kind of "info" was Hoopsworld.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Not necessarily, when you are that much over the cap and your team just got eliminated by possibly the worst team in the playoffs in an awful fashion. You've got these two HUGE contracts for Boozer and Deng, which is max money under the new CBA.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, by "DEFENDING" your team, you basically lie about what you really think when you are here? We can basically assume that any and everything that you post here can be a lie?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's better now than he was then. He's an excellent defender and can score which is rare. My gripe with him on 2007 was how much value people were putting on him. I never understood where the hype was coming from... Chicago didn't want to deal him for KOBE! Crazy.