1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chevy Camaro 2010? Car help?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Oct 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Anyone know if a Chevy Camaro 2010 is worth $23,000 dollars? If not, do you have any ideas of a great car?

Looking from 15k to 30k. Thanks!

2. tested911

tested911 Member

After the first couple of months + honey moon factor my view on the look of the vehicle has changed.. At first I was really curious,happy,excited with the look. But now I can see it as a extreme opposite ends of I like it/I hate it.. I'm not sure the resale value on this vehicle will hold up.

Now the Nissan 370 is such an eye pleaser yet cost 1 1/2 times more.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I like it. The looks are still jaw dropping for me.

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Same here UpRising! I'm just scared if this car will end up breaking down on me. If this car wasn't a option, what else would you look for?

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

dude, its not going to break down on you, especially if its farely new. Dont be so anal.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Quality of American cars has increased, all automakers have issues. Specifically with the Camaro, a couple of months back there was an issue with the transmission on the SS V8 versions. I'm sure any new cars won't have that problem.

As for the car itself, I've never driven one so I can't tell you what I think but it looks cool enough. I know they are selling out in Japan but that probably has a lot to do with Transformers. Speaking of which, there is a Transformers special edition, has the yellow and black scheme, but not the same orange yellow in the movie. Plut Autobot insignias on the wheels, a side badge, and inside somewhere.

Test drive it and tell us what you think. I know it's got independent suspension which makes it a better ride than the Mustang.

It's gonna be your car man, it should look good and feel good to you first. After a test drive, you can go online and see what issues the early adopters have gone through.

EDIT: http://www.autoblog.com/tag/2010+chevy+camaro/ lots of stories for research.

7. Special Patrol Group

I wouldn't be inclined to buy anything American in its first model year, unless it were something like the GTO, that was just new to this market when it came out.

Not to say that foreign manufacturers are perfect, but I think I would buy, say, the redesigned M3 over the redesigned CTS-V based in no small part on the quality history of BMW vs. GM.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I want a CTS-V

9. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I'm probably the only one who thinks this car is ugly....

10. droxford

droxford Member

Never buy a GM product.

11. Special Patrol Group

It's definitely a best buy at MSRP. I don't know if there's a big dealer markup on those or not. If I had the cash to buy one just to have one, I would. But I think I'd wait until the 2011 came out.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

+1. That is my next car...

I like the look of Camaros (hey my first car was a 69 ss/rs) but you have to ask you self - how much will that car be worth when I sell it. It tend to drive cars way past their warranty. And how much is a 10 year old Camaro worth - assuming the air still works? < $3000

And 23k is going to put you in a stripped down V6. And while the power may be ok for a grocery getter, the V6 sound is just wrong on that car. You can go to flowmaster.com and they have a cool place where you can listen to cars with flowmasters installed including the new camaro (V6 and V8).

Nicest sounding one was the CTS-V and that was the older 405 hp model not the newer 556 hp model. I'm an old man and my kids don't understand why dad wants to spend that kind of cash on that car but it is what it is - an old man's hot rod. Yea I know that the depreciation on it will be even more severe than a old Camaro even without working air but mid-life crisis only hits once.

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

damn I would think people would learn from buying American cars.

Its going to last 50-60k before shiet happens and US cars has the worst resale value.

would never buy.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No, I'm in your gang, The car is butt ugly, heavy, and unless you wanna buy the $40,000 model with the HP...well, still. it's nasty looking. Good luck on the resale value on another Chevy POS.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I prefer the new Challenger ... but I think 23 K is def. worth it...

Get in yellow though. Maybe it'll transform. ;)

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think it's hideous. But the Challenger is beautiful.

Other options- 370z, G37, RX8, Mustang

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm also a

new challeger > new camaro

person

18. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I think the new Challenger is better as well, however, this is what bugs me about many American "sports" cars: They always have, like, 6 models to choose from, from the basic to the bad-ass. To me, that lessens the coolness of having a Mustang, Camaro, whatever significantly. You spend a ton of cash on a cool Stang and then some 16 year old girl pull up next to you in the base model that her parents just bought for her. That's lame.

I remember walking in some parking lot and this little kid asked his older brother if that was a "cool" Mustang because apparently, there are "cool" versions and "not-cool" versions.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

is that entry level for 23?

20. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

I have one (2SS/RS V8). I personally love the look and it is very fast. 1800 miles on it so far, and no complaints. If you're curious, drive one.

[​IMG]